Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith Model 15 2''

Thanks everyone. This one is pretty clean. Looks like it was shot a couple of times and put away in the sock drawer.

When it comes to revolvers, everyone thinks the market is overpriced but when they go to sell feel that everyone is trying to lowball them.

The only way to know whether $850 is too much is to look at what they're actually selling for, as everyone else's opinion is worthless.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

2" M15's are pretty sweet. I like mine; I'd wanted one for years ever since reading about them in the fourth edition of "The Book of Combat Handgunnery," by Chuck Taylor:

And they are accurate:

I remember in my old cop days one of the few guys we had who carried a .38 was an old detective who carried a 2” 15 in a shoulder rig. Pretty much the classic detective look and I swear it was likely his only gun other than his 4” issues 15. Unlike all the other Detectives who qualified with their duty guns out of uniform leather he always shot his 2” 15 and shot really well, especially for a “not a gun guy”.
    Years later I stumbled on a killer deal on a 2” Model 15, and my first box of ammo I figured it out......they are miniature PPC Guns. They very much out shoot their size. I have a couple now and absolutely love them.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I have all three - Model 15's in the 6", 4" and 2" versions. I particularly love the 2". It's one of several "cheater guns" I bring to revolver shoots.

I still have huge regrets for passing one up at $600 a few years back.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

A 15 snubby — worth $850 — yes.
    A stinking pair of jeans can cost north of $100. A new Arcteryx shell (jacket) is almost $800. So the greatest K snubby at $850 is a buy.
    My 2” 15-3 will keep them in the 10 ring of a B-8 bull at 20 yds — with either Hornady 158XTP or Winchester 130 FMJ.
    They aren’t making any more 2” adjustable sighted K frames — so you can’t really buy above market, just too soon. The market will eventually support $850 or more.
    I’ll snap up any I find in the local area.
    Buy that thing (assuming carry up etc are correct) and enjoy it. A great revolver. Get yourself a decent carry rig — a bit more tricky than you might think - but Kramer makes a belt scabbard that is A+ and you will have a great CCW revolver.

My biggest revolver regret is selling my 2” model 15. It had a chrome trigger, cylinder and trigger with a subdued matte blue frame and barrel. My wife hated that gun and called it my “pimp gun”. I qualified several times with it as an off duty piece and the range staff always said I should have carried it on duty instead of my P229R that I was issued. In a word, it was sublime.

Pay the $850.00 You will not regret it.

Thanks for the advice. I dropped the hammer on one.

My neighbor has a 2" 15 in nickel. I've tried repeatedly to talk him out of it. He's just an accumulator, not a collector, who simply has to have more than anyone else. He has no appreciation for that fine piece. Lousy colonial.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 12-09-2019 at 04:39 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List