Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why did I have to shoot that gun?

When the chips are down, will that accuracy increase your combat effectiveness or will you wish you had eight more bullets to launch?

B_C

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    When the chips are down, will that accuracy increase your combat effectiveness or will you wish you had eight more bullets to launch?

B_C
    Exactly. To take that thought process one step further, When the chips are down, will that accuracy increase your combat effectiveness or will you wish you had spent a few thousand dollars on more training and more practice ammo instead?

I owned a les baer Premiere II for about 6 months and put around 3k rounds through it, I have been heavily shooting 1911's since i was 15 years old...they are easy to shoot but require maintainance and often special tools to fix or repair them.

There is that saying....show your friends your (insert 1911 here) and show your enemies your (insert glock, m&p or Hk)
    Chemist.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennzoil View Post
    Did you notice if you out shoot him with his own pistol?
    He was pretty good. He had printed out two strips of bulbs (each about 1-3/4") from targetz.com, and on 3/4 of them at 15 yards he hit.

But I did a good job with it. Better than the guy with the Colt Double Eagle that was teaching his friend a teacup grip. And yes, I kept quiet - the friend was still having fun.

Yea that’s pretty good, I was just curious. Maybe the Teacup guy was watching Jay on Top Shot.

I had a similar experience, also with a Wilson pistol, a CQB 5" I believe. I also shot someone's Browning later that day. I did end up with a Kimber Desert Warrior and carried it for a year or two but have basically stuck with the M&P the last 3 or 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Exactly. To take that thought process one step further, When the chips are down, will that accuracy increase your combat effectiveness or will you wish you had spent a few thousand dollars on more training and more practice ammo instead?
    This just coming home with me is my answer to that question:

I like your style!

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    This just coming home with me is my answer to that question:
    Nice choice!

This happened to me.

MP5K sear gun.

Good thing I don't have many thousands of dollars laying around.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

User Tag List