Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Colt customer service rant

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Nice! I don't currently have a GCNM but I want to get another one at some point maybe next year. They are still classic looking pistols.
    Name:  ADE03FBA-F025-4DDD-8D4A-41C24EED14A8.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  77.0 KB

Friday I’ll know if she’s a shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Colt's shitty service is nothing new. If you want a Colt, dig through a pile of them like Tuco and take the best of them.
    And that widespread rep has scratched them off my list although I desire the roll mark
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

It’s tough, because if one doesn’t want a 5-shot the size of an SP or the weight of an LCR, or a 6-shot the size and weight of a GP-100, where does one go? S&W? They’re worse than Colt...
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    And that widespread rep has scratched them off my list although I desire the roll mark
    Just buy a used one and find a good gunsmith. I've found at least one good deal at my local dealer. Funny, some people won't even touch a 30 year old gun even if it checks out to be in excellent condition. They just assume they're all crap, which of course, they aren't. Here's one of the first 1991A1 S 80 guns produced with parkerized finish. Excellent shooter for about half of a new one. A lot of people passed on that one I was told.

Last edited by Borderland; 12-07-2019 at 06:04 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Friday I’ll know if she’s a shooter.
    Nice. Love the flat top on those guns.

Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post
    Colt's customer service dept can suck a big bag of dicks as far as i'm concerned. At the end of the call i ask his name for my records and he only gives me a first name. For some reason he is hesitant to give a last name but finally gives it to me. His reasoning is he is the only customer service rep for Colt so first name should be all i need. I call bullshit on that. Sorry I just needed to rant.

If I were in customer service, you'd suck a big back of dicks before I gave you my last name. I'm surprised he gave it to you, and no you didnt need it for your records.

Colts customer service may suck, but being reluctant to give out last names isn't part of it.

Site Supporter
    Somewhat related in that it applies to some gunsmiths is the conversation I had with my 45 year old mechanic. He was trying to repair a an excellent condition 1966 Plymouth with a slant 6 engine, standard transmission, and zero power equipment. He said that he hated working on pieces of shit. I replied that this vehicle had a motor and little else so what's the problem? He said that he could not hook it up to a computer and discover the problem. So he called an 84 year old retired mechanic who told him the problem and remedy.

Few are left who can repair a Colt revolver. Soon this statement will apply to older S&W's.
    Last edited by willie; 12-07-2019 at 07:55 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    If I were in customer service, you'd suck a big back of dicks before I gave you my last name. I'm surprised he gave it to you, and no you didnt need it for your records.

Colts customer service may suck, but being reluctant to give out last names isn't part of it.
    Ok tough guy whatever. The reason for asking is so I could reference who I originally talked to in case I needed to escalate to a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post
    Ok tough guy whatever. The reason for asking is so I could reference who I originally talked to in case I needed to escalate to a manager.
    I know why you think you needed it (But you don't need a last name to escalate to a higher tier).

But in this day when anyone with a phone can put someone else on blast by name on social media, you can understand why customer service reps don't give out last names.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    It’s tough, because if one doesn’t want a 5-shot the size of an SP or the weight of an LCR, or a 6-shot the size and weight of a GP-100, where does one go? S&W? They’re worse than Colt...
    You go to the past, via auction sites.

It's also a good place to buy hand tools of a quality no longer produced.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List