Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt customer service rant

Colt customer service rant

Colt's customer service dept can suck a big bag of dicks as far as i'm concerned. After them having my Colt night cobra for 8 weeks i received it back yesterday. Same issue is occurring that i sent it in for. Shit happens so being a reasonable guy i figured i'd give them a call, and let them know so I could get another RMA to send it back to them. The rep on the phone insisted that the pistol was adjusted to factory specs and nothing was wrong with it. I calmly told him that no it was not repaired and if anyone had dry fired it more than a couple times they could have recreated the issue. Took about another 10 minutes of arguing to get them to agree to send another RMA. WTF? At the end of the call i ask his name for my records and he only gives me a first name. For some reason he is hesitant to give a last name but finally gives it to me. His reasoning is he is the only customer service rep for Colt so first name should be all i need. I call bullshit on that. Sorry I just needed to rant.

For anyone interested, the issue i'm having is with the trigger and cylinder rotation. When I bought the pistol it had a very smooth trigger, then after about 350 rounds it started to act up. When slowly pulling the trigger instead of the cylinder rotating at the same relative speed as the trigger pull, the cylinder would abruptly/violently advance to the next cylinder before the trigger was even a quarter of the way pulled. Sometimes it will go 5 or six dry fires before it happens but when it does happen i can usually make it happen for all subsequent trigger pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post
    For anyone interested, the issue i'm having is with the trigger and cylinder rotation. When I bought the pistol it had a very smooth trigger, then after about 350 rounds it started to act up. When slowly pulling the trigger instead of the cylinder rotating at the same relative speed as the trigger pull, the cylinder would abruptly/violently advance to the next cylinder before the trigger was even a quarter of the way pulled. Sometimes it will go 5 or six dry fires before it happens but when it does happen i can usually make it happen for all subsequent trigger pulls.
    Was this actually causing an issue? Or you just don't like that it's happening?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Fortunately I've had only one pistol that had to go back to Colt for a minor fix. But after I sent it, it just sat there with no action for weeks. Finally I was able to contact the Custom Shop manager and he moved things along.

Colt is their own worst enemy. They have a good Custom Shop, but their repair shop has a poor reputation -- and deservedly from what I've seen/read. Something just ain't right within the ranks of Colt's management.

Fortunately all of my Colts run great and I don't have to deal with their Customer Service department.
    Last edited by Robinson; 12-06-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Colt's shitty service is nothing new. If you want a Colt, dig through a pile of them like Tuco and take the best of them.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Was this actually causing an issue? Or you just don't like that it's happening?
    Yea it does. It's hard to describe the issue without seeing it. I think I'll make a video and post it over in the revolver forum to see if anyone has any ideas.

The first time I dealt with Colt CS was 1988. It was shit then and it's shit now. For over 170 years Colt has been a company that simply can't get out of its own way. I no longer buy new ones.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 12-06-2019 at 02:28 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I just bought a Gold Cup NM and won't be able to play with it until late next week due to it being my bday present.

I went over it a bit before FFL'ing it and if any issues arise, I'll pay out of pocket to send it to a reputable gunsmith if it's something I can't do. Not wanting 8 weeks for anything.

I struggle with patience.

I can remember calling Colt once back in the late 80s. I was underwhelmed.

Here is some info about cylinder timing. Not sure if it's related but worth a read.

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph...timing.667456/

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    So, in essence, a new Colt that's not an AR has a significant likelihood of being a parts kit, which you then have the option of sending to a smith to have made into a functioning firearm with a Colt rollmark.

Kinda like an S&W, or a Sig, or...

Except with Rugers, you send them back to Ruger, and they generally get them functioning the first time back.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    I just bought a Gold Cup NM and won't be able to play with it until late next week due to it being my bday present.
    Nice! I don't currently have a GCNM but I want to get another one at some point maybe next year. They are still classic looking pistols.

User Tag List