Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What classes are you taking in 2020?

Planning to do Tom Givens class on April 24-25. Just need to make sure I can get the days off I need - hopefully before it fills up...
    Last edited by DC_P; 12-07-2019 at 09:51 AM.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Not locked in yet but hoping to do two from the list below:

SN ECQC
    Scott Jedlinski
    John Murphy
    DARK Angel med
    Gabe White

Waiting for everyones 2020 schedule and then try to correlate to mine

STCW BST, probably in the spring.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    Sports nutrition and Elementary physical education🧐
    Nothing like going to school at 45🕺🏻
    CPR, concussion awareness for HS sports, and Coach certification. ETA: oh, and the state and national professional conferences.

Even after you finish (graduated in May just before my 47th birthday and started my new career this fall at 47), the continuing Ed reqs in education will keep you going to school intermittently until you retire. But the kids are great, and it’s worth the effort and time.
    Last edited by Duelist; 12-07-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Site Supporter
    A guy from my BJJ academy has already taken Craig Douglas' EWO class and he's told me he wants to get to ECQC so I'm already saving my pennies.

Beyond that, I will of course be re-certing ACLS and CPR this year and I kinda want to train with Ben Stoeger but he might already be booked up for the year

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Generally focused on weight training in the latter part of 2019 and in 2020.

Already booked: Tac-Con.

Hoping to take:
    -An Appleseed Project or two.
    -Steve Fisher's Practical Urban Carbine.
    -SlyTac Low Light
    -Lone Star Medics refresher

I'll be keeping an eye out for course that emphasize practical application, as opposed to marksmanship and gun handling. IA Combatives, Varg Feeborn, ShivWorks, etc.
    David S.

Sage Dynamics LE Red Dot Instructor in March.

Only class planned thus far is the Ron Fellows Corvette driving school.

My wife keeps pestering me to enroll in the Texas Master Naturalist class at the University of Houston Downtown. (She has almost completed the classroom phase of her training, but will need to complete a couple of mandated field trips that she missed during the fall semester.) The only relevance to firearms is that the curriculum recognizes that hunting licenses and taxes on firearms are the major source of revenue for wildlife habitat. I have to see how any of this will benefit me, but it may allow some access privileges to managed wildlife areas, so, well, it may be worth the trouble.

My days of high-round-count centerfire shooting ended almost a decade ago. I should shop around for an instructor who allows .22 LR handguns for training, and classes run with sim guns.

I am retired, but if I want to keep my Texas Peace Officer license current, I will need to attend 40 hours of training, at a credentialed police academy, during this two-year training cycle. Some of it may be on the subject of safety/survival/tactics.
    Last edited by Rex G; 12-08-2019 at 11:30 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Anybody know of a good defensive/ccw pistol class in Southern Oregon, far NorCal, or northwestern NV?

User Tag List