Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What classes are you taking in 2020?

Take an AARP class

My wife says I’m too gun focused in my hobbies, so I need to broaden my horizons. At one time many moons ago, I was a driver instructor at FLETC. So, I recently volunteered with the AARP Smart Driver Program, as an instructor. I end my training phase with them this upcoming week. In January, I’m flying solo. Wish me luck.

Between now and spring - basic old guy martial arts/hand-to-hand training locally

March - Rangemaster Tactical Conference, Dallas

October - Rangemaster Instructor Development Course, Culpeper, VA

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    My wife keep pestering me to enroll in the Texas Master Naturalist class at the University of Houston Downtown. The only relevance to firearms is that the curriculum recognizes that hunting licenses and taxes on firearms are the major source of revenue for wildlife habitat.

Ohio has a volunteer naturalist training program I’ve been considering after I retire. Before I started my LE career I obtained a BS in wildlife biology never did anything with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Anybody know of a good defensive/ccw pistol class in Southern Oregon, far NorCal, or northwestern NV?
    I'm sure you're aware of Thunder Ranch.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    Signed up for a 2 day writing class for work and hopefully a few other days of professional development with others folks in my field. Hopefully work on some task books for wildland firefighting, just need assignments.

Any firearm stuff will have to wait until my boys are older and the house is paid; 5 years out.

One day I’ll get some hand to hand stuff in because I really suck at that.

I’ll keep at the diet, exercise (rucking, sandbag work, push ups, and stretching), and keep hitting the journal to keep my mind straight.

But really I got more than enough classes in, I need practice.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Anybody know of a good defensive/ccw pistol class in Southern Oregon, far NorCal, or northwestern NV?
    LMS Defense does classes in Fernley, NV.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I am hoping to get back into the Shivworks family. It was a complicated year and my time was pretty much taken up and there are a lot of things I missed out on. But also lots of good things happened to me. Anyway I missed Craig when he was out this way and I would like to correct that.

But the other training I am really interested in is Bottom Dwellers' freedive ocean harvesting. Hey, this is GD. I can take a non-shooting course if I want.

Forget to say that I'm eagerly awaiting the 2020 Shivworks schedule. I'd love to take Older Offspring to an EWO class.
    Last edited by Guerrero; 12-09-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Well.... I know for sure I'll be be going to Calvary Leaders Course and Intermediate Amphibious Operations this year. Then deploying again early 2021..... Marine Corps has my 2020 pretty packed full already. Gonna try to get up to Alliance for the shoot house on post deployment leave and I'll look for some local to Eastern NC pistol stuff as well next year.
    Last edited by rcbusmc24; 12-09-2019 at 06:49 PM.

I’m taking the inaugural “Go Fuck Yourselves, Richmond” course. Goes down third weekend in January. Should be fun.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

User Tag List