Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W K Frame 357 advice

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Thinking the 13 in something like a Summer Special would be slick
    Name:  Screenshot_2019-03-09-16-33-50_png-883283.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  16.6 KB
    Ryan Grizzle for the win if you want to carry behind the hip.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    .357 K (and J) frames are really .38s that can handle .357s. L and N frames are .357s which will shoot softer .38s.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Are there high visibility front sight options for either readily available?
    Name:  15755914934517080036428849002034.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  26.8 KB

Depends. This is a m66-8 with meprolight. Sorry for the crappy pic. Some of the newer guns have easily removed pinned sights. Older guns and fixed sighted guns need a gunsmith.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    .357 K (and J) frames are really .38s that can handle .357s. L and N frames are .357s which will shoot softer .38s.
    Im trying really hard to figure out a lifespan of the new k frames with magnums.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    It'll predominantly shoot .38s and occasionally .357. The smaller size and lighter weight seem appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Im trying really hard to figure out a lifespan of the new k frames with magnums.
    That's a good question. As I understand the new construction, "indefinite" is the correct answer....the trick is getting one properly assembled.

Your 2.75" 66 still working out well? What's the round count now?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post

Depends. This is a m66-8 with meprolight. Sorry for the crappy pic. Some of the newer guns have easily removed pinned sights. Older guns and fixed sighted guns need a gunsmith.
    The one I am eyeing hardest is vintage. Early 70s I believe.

The current version M66 is allegedly beefed up. I think you should try to wear one out with Magnums.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Having never owned or fired either is there a substantial benefit to the 19 over the 13? The differences seem to be adjustable sights and a more substantial under lug for the ejector rod on the 19. Currently I'm leaning toward the 13.
    Shoot both before you buy. A lot of people (myself included) prefer the balance of the 19 from the slight extra weight of the underlug.

For my old project guns, I had the front sight block shaved off and a Bowen DX front and Bowen Rough Country rear sight added. The FO sight is awesome.
    Last edited by TGS; 12-05-2019 at 07:46 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

The heart wants what the heart wants. Because you are seeking advice, why not a heavy barrel Model 10 or 64, they are plentiful on the used market with a wide price range. With all honesty do you see yourself going to the range and firing 50/100 rounds magnums, if so you should reevaluate and consider going up to the N frame size revolver.

User Tag List