Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: S&W K Frame 357 advice

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    Or 3" Model 66's:

OMG. My first new handgun love was my 3” 64, which I still have all these years later. A 3” 66 might be enough for me to jump ship. I had no idea these were ever made.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Thanks, but I bought a Model 13 off of Gunbroker. Its set to arrive at my FFL tomorrow.
    Good. Glad you won it.
    Pictures, please when it arrives.

Site Supporter
    Picked her up today and was able to put a box of .38spl through it. Finish is in excellent condition with exception of some minor holster wear at the muzzle and cylinder edge (which just makes it better looking). Trigger is SCHWEET! Both DA and SA. I am going to put a little orange paint on the front sight serrations for better visibility.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by rd62; 12-15-2019 at 02:56 PM.

Remember to use a white base coat and not heavy on the orange and it will really stand out well.

So far the Traffic Cone color of orange by Salon Perfect (neon pop line) has been brightest that Ive found.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Remember to use a white base coat and not heavy on the orange and it will really stand out well.

So far the Traffic Cone color of orange by Salon Perfect (neon pop line) has been brightest that Ive found.
    Thanks! I have some white and Florescent Orange Testors paints I used for my 442 which has held up well. I'll prob use that again.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Im trying really hard to figure out a lifespan of the new k frames with magnums.
    What is your current round count? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Attachment 45854

It's all about the short barrel Combat Magnums, baby.

Only thing better are 3" Combat Magnums.
    Hold on a sec here. I may well be confusing you with someone else, but didn’t you just get your first K-frame in, like, ever, and talk about it here in a separate thread over the last several years?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Hold on a sec here. I may well be confusing you with someone else, but didn’t you just get your first K-frame in, like, ever, and talk about it here in a separate thread over the last several years?
    I got my first K-frame, L-frame, J-frame, and Ruger all in 2010.

I got my first 2.5" Model 19 in 2017.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

I got my first 2.5" Model 19 in 2017.
    Yah... evidently, that shit escalated quickly.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Picked her up today and was able to put a box of .38spl through it. Finish is in excellent condition with exception of some minor holster wear at the muzzle and cylinder edge (which just makes it better looking). Trigger is SCHWEET! Both DA and SA. I am going to put a little orange paint on the front sight serrations for better visibility.
    That brings back memories. My “bad guy” gun for force on force at the PD was a 4” Model 13 I used as my personal dedicated Sims gun. I did a ton of “gunfighting” with cops with it. A lot of .38 Sims hit a lot of face shields with that gun. I think it may be why I have such a in embedded appreciation for revolvers and do not feel as handicapped by them as so many others.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List