Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex OWB 2 Picture Request

JM Custom Kydex OWB 2 Picture Request

I'm getting ready to gear up for a new carry pistol, and I'm thinking of going with JM Custom Kydex this time around because of the high praise the company gets on this forum. While I always carry IWB, I've been making sure that all of my OWB range holsters are concealable as well. I'm really intrigued with the design of the OWB 2, but I'm having a hard time finding pics online of what the OWB2 holster looks like when worn and I'd like to see some before pulling the trigger. If you have one, I'd really appreciate it if you'd put a pic here so I can get an idea of how it carries.
    Last edited by stomridertx; 12-05-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Here's a video from JMCK showing the OWB holster:

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/VIDEO.html

I think the video is showing a #1 and not a #2, but I can tell you that the #2 is even more compact and concealable than the #1. I have used both models and much prefer the #2. Currently have them for a CZ 75 RAMI, a CZ 75 Shadowline Compact, and a 1911 Dan Wesson Guardian.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by 1911Nut; 12-05-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Hope these help. I’ve got 2 of the OWB 2s. This is for my P07/Olight

Name:  CD12E826-FCC7-4270-8D19-299ECE76A85E.jpeg
Views: 1794
Size:  24.9 KB
    Name:  70C2D329-CDC8-4A18-97E0-E1A78315EE04.jpeg
Views: 2207
Size:  26.9 KB
    Name:  3545BD85-A7BA-4AE3-B4A7-DA8675553587.jpeg
Views: 1670
Size:  25.7 KB
    Name:  057B759E-7918-4B16-A77E-A8D6FDA2310F.jpeg
Views: 1688
Size:  24.3 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Hope these help. I’ve got 2 of the OWB 2s. This is for my P07/Olight
    Thank you sir, that's exactly what I needed to see. I was trying to visualize how the front belt loop worked. It looks like this is the same concept as the Milt Sparks 55BN holster in a Kydex version. I'm impressed at how well it levers the butt of the gun into the body, which is something I want in an OWB. I think I'm sold to try one out.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    Thank you sir, that's exactly what I needed to see. I was trying to visualize how the front belt loop worked. It looks like this is the same concept as the Milt Sparks 55BN holster in a Kydex version. I'm impressed at how well it levers the butt of the gun into the body, which is something I want in an OWB. I think I'm sold to try one out.
    That's exactly right! It was based off of the 55BN style of holster. One thing regarding this holster, I think it works best in 10 degree cant carried just behind the seam of the pants. Trying to carry it directly at 3 o'clock can be problematic, especially if you are on the skinny side. Thanks
    Last edited by Tony Mayer; 12-07-2019 at 10:01 AM.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    That's exactly right! It was based off of the 55BN. One thing regarding this holster, I think it works best in 10 degree cant carried just behind the seam of the pants. Trying to carry it directly at 3 o'clock can be problematic, especially if you are on the skinny side. Thanks
    That's exactly how I carry, so it should be a good fit. I hover around the 300 lb mark so I definitely have waist real estate to spare. I'm too fat for AIWB, but super jealous of those that can carry that way.

That's exactly right! It was based off of the 55BN style of holster. One thing regarding this holster, I think it works best in 10 degree cant carried just behind the seam of the pants. Trying to carry it directly at 3 o'clock can be problematic, especially if you are on the skinny side. Thanks
    What's a good setup for direct 3 o'clock carry with a preference for no cant and 32 waist?

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    I don't have this holster but from the pictures it looks like it does a lot better with the butt of the gun than my 55bn. You also have to clear more leather to get the gun out of the holster - at least I noticed slower draws or times I got hung up. The JM OWB 2 looks really interesting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I don't have this holster but from the pictures it looks like it does a lot better with the butt of the gun than my 55bn. You also have to clear more leather to get the gun out of the holster - at least I noticed slower draws or times I got hung up. The JM OWB 2 looks really interesting.
    I've got both holsters - OWB 2 for my Beretta PX4 and 55BN (in cordovan with matching dual mag pouch) for my Commander. I much prefer the OWB 2. The 55BN requires you to buy specific pants or relocate the belt loops of existing pants in order to carry it where you want it, due to the long tunnel at the front of the holster. The OWB 2 lets you locate the holster where you want it, plus it's faster. The 55BN is WAY prettier, though.

I carry the OWB 2 at about 3:30 and it conceals the full-size pistol well.

Sorry, no pictures handy, but please allow me to be an enabler.

I have multiple JMCK OWB2 holsters and think they are, from both a design standpoint and quality of construction standpoint, the best thing going in low-profile, kydex outside the waistband holsters.

It isn't a surprise to me that the 55BN was an inspiration as that's one of my favorite leather holsters, too.

Buy with confidence!

User Tag List