Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which is the better value?

Which is the better value?

How much better is the trigger work from LTT vs TJIAB? I’m weighing what is the better option, buying an elite LTT directly from Langdon, which is about $120 more expensive than most other retailers and getting the trigger job vs buying it elsewhere and adding the TJIAB myself with np3 (a $60 premium). I really wanted the np3 coated trigger job, but that can’t be added to the LTT trigger job unless you pay for np3 coating on the entire firearm which is too expensive for me to justify.

TJIAB with np3 vs trigger job from Langdon + $120, which one is more worth it?

Thanks!

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by kent_man View Post
    How much better is the trigger work from LTT vs TJIAB? I’m weighing what is the better option, buying an elite LTT directly from Langdon, which is about $120 more expensive than most other retailers and getting the trigger job vs buying it elsewhere and adding the TJIAB myself with np3 (a $60 premium). I really wanted the np3 coated trigger job, but that can’t be added to the LTT trigger job unless you pay for np3 coating on the entire firearm which is too expensive for me to justify.

TJIAB with np3 vs trigger job from Langdon + $120, which one is more worth it?

Thanks!
    If the bolded area is the case, you have your answer. Buy the LTT and do the TJIAB yourself. I have both Langdon installed and Langdon TJIAB that I installed and I can't tell the difference.

Let your wallet be your guide

I have bought several of the pistol with trigger job done, and a number of the Trigger Job In A Bag (one NP3 coated, because it was to go on a coated pistol). I have shot them all. I believe I can tell the difference between the pistols Langdon worked on, and one where I have installed a TJIAB. Langdon installs a 13 pound hammer/mainspring in the Elite LTTs, I install a 12 pound in those I install a TJIAB into. The Langdon Elites are a little crisper than those with a TJIAB.

I installed one of the TJIAB on an NP3 coated Centurion, so I bought that one NP3 coated, and also installed a NP3 coated extended mag release. I worried that the coating might interfere with fit, especially with the mag release, which I've always had trouble with. No problem at all. I don't judge the NP3 coated TJIAB as giving a better feel than the non-coated. The difference might be there, but I can not feel it.

Site Supporter
    While I have zero experience with the LTT pistols, I do have a TJIB on my M9. Whenever I finally get around to buying an Elite LTT, I'll spring on the $850 pistol and put the TJIB in. It might be able to get a little better, but probably not enough for me to tell.

Doc I would call them again because I think you got some incorrect info. I will be installing my second NP3 TJIB today. I may be wrong but I can't see how LTT doing that would require the whole gun to be NP3.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Doc I would call them again because I think you got some incorrect info. I will be installing my second NP3 TJIB today. I may be wrong but I can't see how LTT doing that would require the whole gun to be NP3.
    From Aimee,"We don’t install the trigger job in as a trigger job in the guns, we work on all of the pieces and parts that are part of the firing mechanisms. If you are looking for the NP3 and want the stainless steel parts, you’d want to choose the NP3 version of the gun where all of the metal internals are NP3’d including the magazines. It’s $1414.00."

Similar to buying a Glock trigger from JohnnyGlock, and dropping it in, or having JohnnyGlock install and tune it. Dropping a trigger in may be fine, where having Ernest install and tune it almost guarantees it will be as good a 92 trigger as is possible.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I went with both on the last go around. My Centurion has the NP3 treatment, and my Compact, was factory with the night sights option.
    I did it this way because I had recently ordered a TJIAB from LTT, just before the guns were up on his page. I was thinking of getting a 92x compact and doing my own, due to impatience and not expecting to like the compact.

Installing a TJIAB, is quite doable (done the compact and my Inox 92 pre warning label). I do think the NP3 is smoother a bit then the regular one, and actually my inox gun is smoother then the new Centurion. I expect that is due to the newness of the Centurion and no wear. But the TJIAB, IMHO, is about 90% or better of him doing it, and you could order some magazines later (use those for carry and put the current ones into range use).

Edit: Going to add some thoughts,
    First:

If there weren't value to it, he wouldn't offer it. And while it is great to support his business, you would be doing so either way, where the bigger benefit is, to me, is if your ordering other options:
    Night sights
    Full house gun
    Either the subcompact or Centurion that aren't available elsewhere yet.

@LangdonTactical
    I expect he would say if budget is a concern, that $120 is better spent on ammo and range/training time.
    Last edited by beenalongtime; 12-07-2019 at 08:24 PM.

Wow. I still don't understand it technically but it is what it is. I guess I stand corrected.

If you're going LTT, get the one that Ernest himself has had his hands on, walked through and tuned to his standards...
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

User Tag List