Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92X Compact

Beretta 92X Compact

Well, a Beretta 92X Compact arrived at my FFL today from ArmsUnlimited.com. Unfortunately, it was not the pistol that I had ordered. What arrived was a safety/decocker version and my order was for a G version. Moreover, it had a completely dead DA trigger. The trigger would drop the hammer in SA, but the trigger was loose with no hammer movement in DA. I’ve emailed ArmsUnlimited to get a return label.

My night sights and Langdon TJIAB will continue to sit on my bench.
    Last edited by Sensei; 09-11-2019 at 07:53 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    That sucks! Hope it gets straightened out soon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Please advise how they handle this. I've had good luck with them and no reason for return, so don't know how they handle that. Apologies for suggesting them as an outlet.

I guess I don't understand. The gun that arrived was not what you ordered but you bought it anyway and took it home w/o a simple function check?

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I guess I don't understand. The gun that arrived was not what you ordered but you bought it anyway and took it home w/o a simple function check?
    The gun that arrived from an online dealer was a different model than what was ordered. Yes, I function checked it. I also completely stripped the frame to make sure the problem was not something simple such as a bad trigger bar spring.

Driving my approach is the fact that my FFL is a friend of mine. Although he’d probably have sent it back for me, I’m not going to offload that onto a friend who affords me special treatment on fees many times over. It’s just as easy for me to get a shipping label from ArmsUnlimited. If they won’t or can’t exchange it, then Beretta should stand behind their warranty for the trigger issue and I can install a G lever in 15 min. I’m still saving money on this gun since it was about $100 less than any other retailer.

Bottomline, my FFL completes transfers at a dirt cheap price and has saved me hundreds in transfer fees. This is the first time something arrived out of sorts. I’d rather handle this myself and consider it the cost of business.
    Last edited by Sensei; 09-12-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    The gun that arrived from an online dealer was a different model than what was ordered. Yes, I function checked it. I also completely stripped the frame to make sure the problem was not something simple such as a bad trigger bar spring.

Driving my approach is the fact that my FFL is a friend of mine. Although he’d probably have sent it back for me, I’m not going to offload that onto a friend who affords me special treatment on fees many times over. It’s just as easy for me to get a shipping label from ArmsUnlimited. If they won’t or can’t exchange it, then Beretta should stand behind their warranty for the trigger issue and I can install a G lever in 15 min. I’m still saving money on this gun since it was about $100 less than any other retailer.

Bottomline, my FFL completes transfers at a dirt cheap price and has saved me hundreds in transfer fees. This is the first time something arrived out of sorts. I’d rather handle this myself and consider it the cost of business.
    We can assist with the trigger. That is very odd, as the guns are function fired in DA mode for one magazine during manufacturing.

As for the configuration of the gun, send me the serial via PM please? I"ll confirm it was all correct from our side originally.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    We can assist with the trigger. That is very odd, as the guns are function fired in DA mode for one magazine during manufacturing.

As for the configuration of the gun, send me the serial via PM please? I"ll confirm it was all correct from our side originally.
    Thanks. ArmsUnlimited already responded and confirmed that the model mix-up was their mistake. They are offering a discount that will offset the cost of a G conversion. In addition, your customer service department has already arranged return of the pistol to the factory. While IÂ’m not a Beretta armorer, I suspect that either the hammer or sear is defective/ out of spec.

No worries. This seems to be on its way to being resolved.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Thanks. ArmsUnlimited already responded and confirmed that the model mix-up was their mistake. They are offering a discount that will offset the cost of a G conversion. In addition, your customer service department has already arranged return of the pistol to the factory. While IÂ’m not a Beretta armorer, I suspect that either the hammer or sear is defective/ out of spec.

No worries. This seems to be on its way to being resolved.
    We can actually install the G conversion for you during service if you'd like, just send me the SN and make sure to include a request for that in the note with the gun and I"ll give them a heads up.

Also, with the way the DA pull works, it's exceedingly unlikely there is anything wrong with the sear if it is functional in single action. I suspect a spring may be slightly catawampus or there is some debris preventing full travel of the trigger or something. I'm curious to see what it is though.
    Last edited by e_stern; 09-12-2019 at 11:25 AM.
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    We can actually install the G conversion for you during service if you'd like, just send me the SN and make sure to include a request for that in the note with the gun and I"ll give them a heads up.

Also, with the way the DA pull works, it's exceedingly unlikely there is anything wrong with the sear if it is functional in single action. I suspect a spring may be slightly catawampus or there is some debris preventing full travel of the trigger or something. I'm curious to see what it is though.
    That sounds great. I sent you a PM with the serial number. I’ll amend my note to include the G conversion install. UPS will come by tomorrow to pick it up. I really appreciate the great customer service. Have a great rest of your week.

Now I get it. I like how you work w/ your friend dealer. Nice to see someone who doesn't take advantage of a relationship.

User Tag List