Thread: Fusion 1911

Fusion 1911

In searching several pages worth of threads I could not find any specific details on these Fusion built 1911's except one in .40 that was manufactured wrong.

One has come across my path and just looking for somebody with first hand knowledge of them.

This guy, who is a hunter, but not really a handgun shooter, more of a gun magazine reader, bought the gun from Brownells earlier this year because he "had to have a 1911", but he had no prior experience with the platform. Steel frame government model in .45ACP.

I think he shot two about boxes of ammo and decided he cannot manage the recoil and he wants to unload it for a very attractive price.

Won't be my EDC gun but I was thinking of it as a potential beater practice gun that I don't have to keep so clean. On the other hand, I am not looking for something designed to force me into frequent malfunction drill practice either...

thanks

No personal experience, but during the research I do to talk myself out of a 1911 every 18 months, the theme seems to be Fusion is good, until you have a problem. Then their customer service and QA are significantly lacking. As ever, YMMV.

If the price is attractive enough, and you know enough about 1911s to inspect one, and won't depend on factory service, it might be worth it.

Fusion is owned by Bob Serva, the same guy who ran Dan Wesson before it was bought by CZ.

There aren’t a ton of Fusion 1911s around but from what I’ve seen they are of good quality and typically run well.

Haven't owned or handled one. On the 1911-focused forums, opinions are middling at best. If the price is right and you're just looking for beater, roll the dice, I guess -- but I'd look around and see what else is available in that price range with better customer reviews.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

1. Is this a Fusion gun or a gun assembled on Fusion parts?

2. Either way, since it is second hand and face to face, insist on a testfire.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

But please report back, I wanna know...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I have a Fusion in 9mm. My father primarily shoots it and he has about 10k rounds through it with very few issues. I had a local shop look at the safety because it went on and off very easily and without a click. They took it apart and it did have a lot of tooling marks but it shoots well. I have no experience with their customer service.

I can only give you a partial review. While I was still active duty and shooting fleet matches, I decided I wanted to build a 1911, but wanted to ensure it was quality, and stayed inside the rules for service pistol,matches. Fusion was fairly new, and Inwas on a bit of a budget and had the itch to build my own. I contacted Bob Serva via e-mail and found that they didn’t have any fully assembled pistols in my price range, or that met match rules. After a few e-mails and research on tools and 1911 building, I got a frame, slide, bushing and barrel, all fitted at Fusion. I spent a month buying other parts and tools and took my time putting everything together.

The pistol has been reliable, more accurate than I can fully take advantage of. Slide frame and barrel fit were excellent. The barrel is match grade. The frame and slide are forged steel. A solid foundation for any direction you would want to take a 191q and make it yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt325c View Post
    I have a Fusion in 9mm. My father primarily shoots it and he has about 10k rounds through it with very few issues. I had a local shop look at the safety because it went on and off very easily and without a click...
    As far as very few issues go, that one's pretty serious. What was the fix?
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

User Tag List