Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HK P30 iron sights RFI

HK P30 iron sights RFI

I've been shooting a P30 for a bit now and I'm really liking it and am considering turning it into my carry gun. However, I really don't like its sights, too blocky/large and I don't like three dot sights.

What I'm looking for is a plain black rear (a bar or line would be ok too but not three dots) and a colored front sight preferably around .125 (smaller or a tiny bit larger is ok). When I say colored, I mean it can be tritium with a colored inset (Like Trijicon's HDs) or fiber optic, or gold bead, or anything else that's very obvious for my older eyes to see.

For example, the .125 Trijicon HD in green or red with a plain black rear would be very good but I have no idea whose rear sights would work with that front sight.

I know there aren't many HK offerings out there, so I'm turning to our esteemed membership for information.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Check out 10-8 sights, they have listings for H&K - http://www.10-8performance.com/categories/Sights/

I'm running their plain black .140" serrated u-notch in the rear and their .125" tritium in the front. I like 'em.

Currently using 10-8 Performance .140w u-notch fully serrated rear. Paired with a Dawson .125w x .170t Tritium, it hits to top edge at 25yds, and 1" high at 50yds with Gold Dot 124+P. This is on my carry P30v1.
    Taking a break from social media.

Heine’s are my favorites for P30’s and HK45’s.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Check out 10-8 sights, they have listings for H&K - http://www.10-8performance.com/categories/Sights/

I'm running their plain black .140" serrated u-notch in the rear and their .125" tritium in the front. I like 'em.
    I like the 10-8 rears, but their HK tritium front has no colored outline/inset and that makes the front sight harder to pick up for me. I have that set up on a G17 and when it's get dark enough to start seeing the tritium, I'm good but otherwise that front sight is hard to pick up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Currently using 10-8 Performance .140w u-notch fully serrated rear. Paired with a Dawson .125w x .170t Tritium, it hits to top edge at 25yds, and 1" high at 50yds with Gold Dot 124+P. This is on my carry P30v1.
    I can generally see a good white outline like that on that Dawson and as noted above, I like the 1-8 rears. That looks like it could be a good set up for my eyes, thanks.

How does it do with 147gr fodder?
    Last edited by Wondering Beard; 12-02-2019 at 06:14 PM.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    I'm currently using the Trijicon fiber optics on my P30 trainer (picture below): https://www.trijicon.com/products/de...hk710-c-601041

I have the HD XRs on my P30 carry: https://www.trijicon.com/products/de...hk610-c-600896

There are no sharp edges on the rear sight of the fiber set. The HD XR rear is a bit sharper in comparison, but nowhere near the razor ledges like the Glock sets I've had.

Name:  IMG_0054.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  99.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Heine’s are my favorites for P30’s and HK45’s.
    I love Heinie's, especially on my 1911s, but with only the tritium and no colored outline/inset, that's a no-go for me. I don't see any Heinie fiber optic fronts for HKs on their site.

Site Supporter
    I have a set of Dawson Precision sights on a P30L (see below). Very similar sight picture to the Trijicons. All sets have been tip of the front post @ 25 yards and not very sensitive to ammo; but I'm not a bullseye shooter.

I can't resist turning this into an HK picture thread. I'll snap a better comparison shot of the two fiber sets and post it.

Name:  IMG_2843.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  103.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DEG View Post
    I'm currently using the Trijicon fiber optics on my P30 trainer (picture below): https://www.trijicon.com/products/de...hk710-c-601041

I have the HD XRs on my P30 carry: https://www.trijicon.com/products/de...hk610-c-600896

There are no sharp edges on the rear sight of the fiber set. The HD XR rear is a bit sharper in comparison, but nowhere near the razor ledges like the Glock sets I've had.

Name:  IMG_0054.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  99.9 KB
    Interesting, thank you.

The HD XR rear has two tritium dots; I know that they are subdued (I have them on a G19), but I really prefer a plain black rear.

I wonder if the rear for the FO sights, could work with the HD XR front, though it might be a little tight. There are small variations (.324 vs .325 height) that I don't think should affect things but I don't know what I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by DEG View Post
    I'll snap a better comparison shot of the two fiber sets and post it.

Name:  IMG_2843.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  103.0 KB
    That would really be appreciated, thank you.

User Tag List