Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HK P30 iron sights RFI

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    How does it do with 147gr fodder?
    We talking standard pressure HST? If so, I have some, but have not tried any with my current setup.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    I haven't compared the front sight/rear sight dimensions between the HD XRs and the Trij fibers - that could be a great combo if the math works.

Here are a couple of shots comparing the Dawson's (left) and the Trijicons (right).

Name:  IMG_0056 (1).jpg
Views: 637
Size:  50.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0057.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  31.7 KB

Another option would be a Dawson front tritium sight with the black rear: https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-p...-front-sights/

Lots of options out there from solid companies.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    We talking standard pressure HST? If so, I have some, but have not tried any with my current setup.
    Those would be the ones. I have only tried the 147 gr Gold Dots and only at 10 yards so far. the HSTs are coming on my next range trip but the gun will probably still have the original sights on.

I'm not excluding the 124gr +P Gold Dots as carry ammo (that's what's in my carry G17), but I don't want to exclude anything else on Doc's list either, until I figure what I and the gun prefer.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Heine’s are my favorites for P30’s and HK45’s.
    Glad they found a good home. Love the crisp picture they provide.
    Taking a break from social media.

Anyone try the XS R3D for the P30?

https://www.xssights.com/R3D_Night_S....aspx?CAT=8329

Looking for a decent 3 dot tritium set for the P30 that is similar to the Ameriglo Spartan or Ameriglo Glock Bold blacked out rear and orange ring front.

I tried the Night Fision version most recently, but not satisfied with the narrowness of the rear notch (0.138) relative to the front sight (0.140). They're also about as sharp as the Trijicon HD.

The XS looks like 0.170 notch with 0.145 front. Slightly fat but at least a little space in the notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Interesting, thank you.

The HD XR rear has two tritium dots; I know that they are subdued (I have them on a G19), but I really prefer a plain black rear.

I wonder if the rear for the FO sights, could work with the HD XR front, though it might be a little tight. There are small variations (.324 vs .325 height) that I don't think should affect things but I don't know what I don't know.
    I can’t find it on trijicon’s website now but I know they used to have a note on there that the hd xr front sight was compatible with the fiber rears.

Jason

It's easily missed but, for reference, at the bottom of each page for Trijicon's iron sights there's a "Specs" tab. Click to expand that and they have detailed dimensions of each sight. In this case, for the P30, they show the HD XR and Fiber sight models as having identical heights for both front and rear sights. Main difference in size is the fiber front is 0.110" width and the HD XR front is 0.122". Considering the fiber rear notch is 0.125" vs. the HD XR rear notch width of 0.169", there's probably going to be minimal light on either side of the notch, if that's an issue for anyone. Currently, I'm running a Trijicon fiber rear sight with a Heinie tritium front sight (0.125" width front), and I find the width combo works well for me. It might not work so well for anyone with reduced/declining vision that maybe prefers the much larger sizes of HD's.

One thing that stands out to me quite a bit on the Trijicon fiber rear sight is the deep rear notch. I don't see people mention this much but, most other irons, even on other platforms, don't seem to have nearly this deep of a rear sight notch. Personally, I LOVE it. I feel like it gives you more to see and makes it a bit easier for tracking the sights when shooting at speed.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Trijicon XD HR front with Wilson Combat plain rear

User Tag List