Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much thinner is a grip reduced Glock 21?

Site Supporter

How much thinner is a grip reduced Glock 21?

I am thinking about picking up a Glock 21. I’ve had them in the past.

How much thinner can you make a G21 with a grip reduction?

Do you mean thinner, or reducing the fore to aft dimension?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Do you mean thinner, or reducing the fore to aft dimension?
    I mean making trigger reach easier and the grip smaller for my not huge hands.

Should have been more clear in the OP.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I am thinking about picking up a Glock 21. I’ve had them in the past.

How much thinner can you make a G21 with a grip reduction?
    Not much. Not enough for what most are looking for. What usually can come off isn't in the right places to produce most desirable differences. Sorry, can't quantify.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Not much more a reduction. The magazine is is long and blocky and limits the reduction of trigger reach. It does improve overall grip control.

Are you willing to consider the Lone Wolf G20/21 frame? The dimensions are apparently very close to the G17. I’m entirely too ate up with outstanding pistol projects to build one of my own in this calendar year, but the bare frames seem reasonable enough in price that you could explore the possibility without making a large commitment.
    Last edited by Bergeron; 12-02-2019 at 11:41 AM.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

calling Cold Bore Customs...

There's a P-F member who does grip reductions who could provide specifics. You'll need to specify things like whether or not you want to keep the finger grooves or not.
    He's reduced three large-frame Glocks for me. I had him take off the finger grooves as well. For me, the difference was night and day. In addition, he's a real gentleman to deal with for the work.

Just my personal observation from owning these two platforms: Glock 21sf gen 3 and S&W M&P 45 2.0 full-size. The M&P feels better in my hand due to the grip angle, feels much more natural. The M&P grip definitely gives a better surface to secure the pistol in my hand. Glock did modify the texturing in the grip area on the Gen 4 & 5 models for a more secure grip. I am not wild about the hinged trigger on the M&P, much prefer the 21sf trigger face. I know Apex sell trigger upgrades to the M&P.

Ultimately it is which platform I shoot better. I do like the M&P trigger pull better, but not by that much. I hope you find a vendor that will do your grip reduction and will be pleased with the result.

A lot of this is going to come down to the length of your trigger finger. There's not a whole lot of material that can be removed from the TOP of the backstrap (which is where the web of your thumb rides) that will allow removal to move your trigger finger farther forward. I've gone down this rabbit hole a couple of times with Glock big-frame pistols, and, frankly, they are the lowest/leftest shooting pistols I've ever tried, because I just can't get enough trigger finger on the trigger. Removing the finger grooves helped slightly, but not enough to make it worthwhile FOR ME.

I agree the M&P gives a much more forgiving grip. A 1911 is even mo' bettah...

Site Supporter
    I have a G41 which I believe has the reduced grip frame of the G21. When I first got it I was having problems with the big blocky grip. I removed the finger groves and under cut the trigger and that helped some. I added the GFA and that seems to help me get a higher grip.

I'm wondering if a flat faced trigger would help some as well.

What working for me is adjusting my strong hand grip. I moved it a bit to the right so that I'm getting a straight pull. And my support hand handles most of the recoil.

This thread helped me a lot.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

The link is not working very well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Whirlwind06; 12-02-2019 at 09:38 PM.

User Tag List