Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing Index Finger

And another reason to practice off hand.

Wanting to remember this thread.

I used to compete locally with a guy who was forced by some type of injury to switch hands. Didn't know him well enough to ask details but he said it took him a year to get back to roughly the same performance level. Based on that I think switching to the middle finger would be a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    A buddy recently trained with John Farnum. One or more of the drills was shot with the middle finger simulating a damaged index finger. Just might want to familiarize yourself in case it's needed.
    The goofy stuff that comes from that guy just never quits.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I used to compete locally with a guy who was forced by some type of injury to switch hands. Didn't know him well enough to ask details but he said it took him a year to get back to roughly the same performance level. Based on that I think switching to the middle finger would be a lot easier.
    One southpaw here injured his left elbow. He could still shoot lefthanded but it was painful after a few rounds.
    So he changed sides. But when the match CoF called for a short string "weak handed" he was way ahead.

Another shooter sustained an eye injury. Rather than just move the gun over two inches, he changed sides. The eye healed and he went back to where he started.

Another is just being contrary, he is shooting lefthanded for the challenge.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List