Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Model 10 Project

Site Supporter
    Great idea. I wonder if D&L’s rear sight would work too

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Great idea. I wonder if D&L’s rear sight would work too
    I bet it would.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    Lon, who do you plan to use to do the work? I used to have a couple go-to guys in the Dayton area, but they've died or quit.

I hate to cough up the $$$ for overnight shipping to far-flung pistolsmiths.

Rosco
    I shoot USPSA with a gunsmith down by the west Chester area. He and I talked about it a while ago and he said he could do it. I’m gonna check back with him to make sure he still can. He does great 1911/2011 work and has worked on Bianchi Cup wheelguns before so I’m hopeful he can do it. I’ll keep ya updated.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I dig revolver projects, so rock on, but apart from uniquely regulated sights, I'm not sure what all the work gets you. Still a 2" K-frame. Is a round butt preferred? If not (or not essential), I'd save the coin and be patient for a good shooter Model 15 snubby -- you can still regulate the front sight and the frame won't have to be milled for the fixed rear sight.

Whatever you do, if I were in Ohio in need of custom 'smithing, Andy Horvath would be the one.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

User Tag List