Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Womens gun purse?

Womens gun purse?

My wife and I go around and around about wearing a belt holster vs carrying a gun in a purse. I've even taken her to our training range and run multiple Tueller drills. We've already discussed that the first thing that a mugger wants is your purse and thus your gun. We've talked about "if you carry a gun in a purse you can't just hang that purse on the back of a chair at a social event.

After all of that and given she NEVER wears a belt, she still wants another gun holster purse. She's probably already had 3 of them. The last purse was designed to carry too small of a firearm. She carries a real fighting weapon: a Glock 19. No tactical watch fobs here.

I want her to have something nice. I just ordered TWO Tenicor holsters for myself on Black Friday. She deserves something nice too. I'm down to a Galco DEL holster handbag:
    https://www.galcogunleather.com/del-..._149_1078.html

Anyone have any other serious considerations before I make this purchase? Any Cyber Monday deals on a quality purse holster? Would like to make the purchase tomorrow. Sorry for the short notice and call out for help.

Happy wife Happy life. Just order it.

Site Supporter
    The biggest purse mistake a man can make is to try to pick out a purse for a lady. Handbag fashion is something we will never understand. I do not believe I could name any two women who are not related as mother and daughter who would agree on handbag fashion.

Let her pick her own purse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The biggest purse mistake a man can make is to try to pick out a purse for a lady. Handbag fashion is something we will never understand. I do not believe I could name any two women who are not related as mother and daughter who would agree on handbag fashion.

Let her pick her own purse.

I think that is good advice for most of you fellows. Just like I think it's great when a little woman wants the smallest 357 Rem mag snubbie in Titanium that they can find because a little girl needs a little gun.

No, we work together on selecting products that work and are effective. We're old people and we know what works for us after 38 years together. I don't cheap out and I want good stuff for her but I help make sure that the quality and product specs are there.

Still open to some solid ideas about quality products that are available, but the Galco looks like the good stuff to me. Just checking in with the group and trying to tap into the knowledge base.

She did say that she wants a bag with a long enough strap that she can carry the bag with the strap going cross body. Harder for someone to just take the purse.
    Last edited by Clay1; 12-01-2019 at 08:15 PM.

It's not a typical purse, leather, or common definition of "nice", but several ladies I know use the Tactical Tailor Crossfire pack. The black/gray or navy go about anywhere. They are currently on clearance right now for about $38, which is a steal. Discount price comes up once added to the cart. Fit is GTG for a G19 size pistol and smaller. Also functions well as an active shooter roll-out type bag.

https://www.tacticaltailor.com/cross...dcarrybag.aspx
    Last edited by ST911; 12-01-2019 at 08:20 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    It's not a typical purse, leather, or common definition of "nice", but several ladies I know use the Tactical Tailor Crossfire pack. The black/gray or navy go about anywhere. They are currently on clearance right now for about $38, which is a steal. Discount price comes up once added to the cart. Fit is GTG for a G19 size pistol and smaller. Also functions well as an active shooter roll-out type bag.

https://www.tacticaltailor.com/cross...dcarrybag.aspx
    That looks like a deal. I have to share a story. I shouldn't say this stuff and I'm not advocating that you do. Within that last two weeks, I'm out shopping and a guy has one of those tactical, one shoulder slings on and walks past me in the store. I look right at him and say: "what kind of gun do have in that thing?" He literally stumbles and mumbles and is obviously disturbed that someone actually noticed and he says: "I, I, I don't have a gun in here I, just - just have my stuff in the bag" I'm like sure. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck.... Just like those guys that wear a 5.11 vest when it 95F outside. Your cold so you are wearing a vest, right?

I just want to look like a nobody, whose not a threat to anyone. No blatant tactical anything. Still like the bag though, just not for the wife.

Still open to ideas and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Site Supporter

Womens gun purse?

Galco makes good stuff and is not something I would steer you away from.

Coronado Leather is worth a look. My wife has one of their purses, and it works well on the rare size occasions when she has used it.

Regardless of what option you ultimately select, I suggest something with a locking zipper rather than Velcro. If she keeps the key on her person, that gives her the option of locking the purse at times when the risk of a young child finding the gun exceeds the risk of needing the gun. A zipper can also provide quieter access if that should ever be needed.

I see that the Galco purse has that feature.

Last edited by BillSWPA; 12-01-2019 at 08:53 PM.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

https://www.gtmoriginal.com/?goal=0_...eid=c6e4b0d089

25% discount through Dec 3 with code THANKS25.

https://www.gtmoriginal.com/products...ant=7394431877

This is the one my wife has. She carries it cross body with the purse on her strong side and never takes it off when she is out. The gun draws through the top and is fast. She carries a Glock 26 but a 19 will work and I think we tried a 17 and it worked too. I velcroed in a kydex holster instead of the one size fits all that came with it.

Your wife might be different, but mine has been pretty turned off by the common leather CCW purses from Coronado, Galco, etc.

She likes her Travelon CCW Hobo, but she's also the type of girl that keeps her fingernails short and wears Redwings, 5.11s, web belt and a polo everyday.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

There are good options for on body carry without a belt. Has she tried any?
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List