Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Surefire 6P Legos

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I have one. For me, the appeal was something like 30 hrs from a 3xD-cell Maglite. Seems like it would be great for extended periods without electricity. I remember being quite satisfied with the output (though I think “spectacular” would have memorable, so not that good) but that was more than a year ago, and it’s just been ready underneath the nightstand ever since.

I’ll try to remember to bring it when I take the dog out tonight and report back.
    Okay, I got it out the other night. It’s a 4 x D cell Maglite with the Malkof conversion. Also took out the 6P LEGO and an SF Fury.
    Bottom line, both of the smaller lights were notably better.
    I focused the Maglite so there was no “dark spot” in the middle of the hotspot. So configured, it was decent out to about 50 yds, but really lacked the throw and the intensity of the other lights. The Maglite had nice spill, but no better than the others.
    Indoors, in a dark house it’s about as good as the other two.

I’d say the big advantages of the Maglite w/ the LED upgrade is the crazy-long runtime, and commonly available D cells. Tertiary advantage being its alternate use as a bludgeon if required.
    I’m still glad I have it, but it’s not going to replace other lights when I want “all the lumens.”

Site Supporter

Surefire Executive Elite E2E

Gentlemen - This thread compelled me to dig through my stash of old flashlights. I found a 6P, a 6Z and an Executive Elite E2E. Back in the day, the E2E was the sheet. I'd like to update. Any suggestions? Thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    Gentlemen - This thread compelled me to dig through my stash of old flashlights. I found a 6P, a 6Z and an Executive Elite E2E. Back in the day, the E2E was the sheet. I'd like to update. Any suggestions? Thanks very much.
    I have an E2E also, one of these days I plan on getting a Malkoff LED for it.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    I got my 6P today, pursuant to a recent thread here about a good deal on them, and a malkoff m61 pursuant to this thread had arrived a few days ago. Today everything was together to assemble, and I’m impressed so far. It’s...meaty, and bright. I did run it with the og 65 incandescent at first, and already owned a Streamlight 350 against which to compare it. Thanks for sharing the knowledge, folks.
    Last edited by Medusa; 05-18-2020 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Small corrections

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post

Photo 4 - My defensive/fight-light roundup. From L - R: Malkoff Bodyguard v.2 head on an unshroudled 1-CR123 body, the 6P Lego and a Malkoff MD3-M91T with Surefire tailcap.

Will post beam shots this evening.
    What’s the skinny on that small Malkoff? Is it a single 123? What are you getting out the front of that? It looks like exactly what I want for an off duty light...I just looked at their sight and it said that head was only for a rechargeable or 2x 123s.
    Last edited by TCB; 05-19-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    What’s the skinny on that small Malkoff? Is it a single 123? What are you getting out the front of that? It looks like exactly what I want for an off duty light...I just looked at their sight and it said that head was only for a rechargeable or 2x 123s.

https://malkoffdevices.com/collectio.../mdc-bodyguard

Thanks! I just spent the last hour looking at all the different Malkoff 123 lights. I think the single output one that just puts out 250 L is what I want but am intrigued by the one you just linked...If I’m understanding it it puts out 600 L for 8 seconds then drops to 400 for a while then down to 175? Not really getting how that works in practice. Probably gonna need to find some video reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    I had a theory I'd like to test out, sad thing is I don't even own a incandescent flashlight anymore to try to test my theory. I noticed that when it's rainy and foggy and gloomy out that my led flame throwers don't do very well at all. It seems like all the moisture in the air makes the bright led light bounce off the rain and reflect all weird. Almost like it is lighting up the rain and nothing else. I am wondering if a low lumen incandescent light flashlight wouldn't work better in those kinds of situations?
    I remember seeing similar maybe a decade ago as LEDs were starting to hit the mainstream and the MOAR lumens! Craze was getting going. On training ranges full of smoke, many of those fancy high-lumen LEDs were bouncing light back while the old-busted incans were pushing through to the target. Seeing it on a range at night with ten to twenty rifles was super telling.

Maybe the tech is better now? I dunno.

What I originally came here for...

What do we like for pocket clips for the old 6P, 3P, 6z... etc? I’d like to not lose then”twist for constant on” function if possible. Clip on clips? Probably not ideal but at the same time should the clip fail it’ll just eject the slight into the pocket anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    What I originally came here for...
    What do we like for pocket clips for the old 6P, 3P, 6z... etc? I’d like to not lose then”twist for constant on” function if possible. Clip on clips? Probably not ideal but at the same time should the clip fail it’ll just eject the slight into the pocket anyway.
    Maybe one of the usual suspects will fit your needs:
    RCS: https://rcsgear.com/surefire-p-and-g...s-pocket-clip/
    Malkoff: https://malkoffdevices.com/products/...lip-to-fit-md2
    Prometheus: https://darksucks.com/products/surefire-titanium-clip
    I only have distant memories of using a pocket clip with the standard SureFire screw-down tailcaps, and the issue is that the clips are somewhat loose when you have the tailcap unscrewed for momentary mode.

User Tag List