Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire 6P Legos

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Great job, NH. I'm very impressed with the Bodyguard v.2 in your images. Glad I have both versions.
    Thanks blues! The Bodyguard is a lot of light in a pocketable package, never fails to impress when I light it up. It certainly has the broadest spill of the group with enough candela to be an effective fight light within pistol fighting distances.

The light I forgot last night is the M91B, which is also impressive with its coverage. I'm going grab a beam shot of that this evening.

I wish I'd caught that 6P sale. I stumbled into a deal on a 9P earlier this year and dropped in a Malkoff head with a clicky tail cap. I like it so much it's become my nightstand flashlight.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

My old 6P has been used pretty hard. Been on duty belts, mounted on a couple rifles, and stuck in pockets. They are pretty solid lights.

Seen better days now (like me) but it keeps working, with hardware upgrades (again like me).

Have one of the original Laser Products 6P lights since around 1988-89. It rides on the duty belt with a 120 lm drop in
    I got about 10 years ago-poss a Malkoff. Definitely interested in bumping up the output, so will check out the unit linked above....but would really like to find a clicky tailcap.

Anyone have a source? Aftermarket fine, haven’t been able to find a Z59 anywhere, including ebay.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by csheehy View Post
    Have one of the original Laser Products 6P lights since around 1988-89. It rides on the duty belt with a 120 lm drop in
    I got about 10 years ago-poss a Malkoff. Definitely interested in bumping up the output, so will check out the unit linked above....but would really like to find a clicky tailcap.

Anyone have a source? Aftermarket fine, haven’t been able to find a Z59 anywhere, including ebay.

TIA
    Yes, those Z59 tailcaps are tough to find. FWIW, Malkoff tailcaps (McClicky) work fine on a 6P.

https://malkoffdevices.com/collectio...md2-md3-or-md4

https://malkoffdevices.com/collectio...md2-md3-or-md4

Thanks, NH Shooter. Have back-in-stock notifications set for both items...exactly what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    My old 6P has been used pretty hard. Been on duty belts, mounted on a couple rifles, and stuck in pockets. They are pretty solid lights.

Seen better days now (like me) but it keeps working, with hardware upgrades (again like me).
    Damn, bro, that thing looks like Darth Vader at the end when they take off his mask. More aftermarket than original.

Mine, due to leaps forward in output with other models, spent the last 2 decades in the safe, being used for 60-120 seconds at a time to find a knife or GI-spec 1911 mags and the like. Even the original tailcap (branded "laser products") rubber is still pliable and working after 3 decades. The Malkoff drop-in makes me feel like the flashlight version of the guy with a clean C3 Vette with a new LS motor under the hood.

@NH Shooter, good thread so far. Thanks for all the info.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Damn, bro, that thing looks like Darth Vader at the end when they take off his mask. More aftermarket than original.

Mine, due to leaps forward in output with other models, spent the last 2 decades in the safe, being used for 60-120 seconds at a time to find a knife or GI-spec 1911 mags and the like. Even the original tailcap (branded "laser products") rubber is still pliable and working after 3 decades. The Malkoff drop-in makes me feel like the flashlight version of the guy with a clean C3 Vette with a new LS motor under the hood.

@NH Shooter, good thread so far. Thanks for all the info.
    Blink. I could *put a flashlight inside my safe*. Damn. There’s a scar on my finger that would not be there had I put a flashlight in my safe and used it when rummaging about.

What a simple thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Blink. I could *put a flashlight inside my safe*. Damn. There’s a scar on my finger that would not be there had I put a flashlight in my safe and used it when rummaging about.

What a simple thing.
    If you don’t have a warm tint, castoff, hipster light upfront/top shelf of your safe specifically for puttering duty, you’re doing "gun culture" wrong.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post

What a simple thing.
    There are a lot of battery LED lights designed for closets or cabinets, including ones that will come on when you open the door. They'd be easy to stick inside the safe.

User Tag List