Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire 6P Legos

Site Supporter
    @Sidheshooter - That's what I wanted to find out, and why I asked for the photos. I used my Microstream in a low/no-light class a couple of months ago and its 250 lumens was plenty, and that was with a relatively narrow beam. More spill with the about the same power would be nice. The longer run time is nice, too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMWINCLE View Post
    Thanks, @NH Shooter (and @Sidheshooter).

Your posts have inspired me to do a 6P lego build.

My 6P arrived Thursday (ordered on Black Friday) so great service from Tactical Sports Gear. (I'm wondering if they sold all their inventory to PFer's).

My EDC+ drop-in is scheduled to arrive Tuesday.

I'm now looking for pocket clips as nothing I have fit.

I came across https://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com/ while researching last night. Looks like that's the same brand you are using for a lanyard ring. Any experience ordering direct from that website? Looks like it ships from Hong Kong and just leery of that site being a scam. If no experience, do you have a recommended pocket clip/site that will fit the 6P?

TIA.
    My last 6P LEGO, I put a Thyrm 2.0 pocket clip/breakaway finger ring on at the recommendation of Tamara, and it was great. I have misplaced it, so I got a brand new 6P on this same sale, and it and several other lights I have gotten in the interim will be receiving Thyrms as well.

I think P-F did indeed break the tactical sports gear website sale.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by DMWINCLE View Post
    Thanks, @NH Shooter (and @Sidheshooter).
    I'm now looking for pocket clips as nothing I have fit.
    These work nicely, place a Danco #30 O-ring under the clip (between the clip and flashlight body) to hold it tight - https://darksucks.com/collections/ti...-titanium-clip

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I think P-F did indeed break the tactical sports gear website sale.
    Now we need photos of all the P-F 6P Legos!

Beam Shots

Distance to target is 21 feet. Manual exposure maintained for each shot.
    Canon 50D DSLR, 17-40/4L lens on tripod.

Known specs;

Bodyguard v.2 - 1,000 lumens/12,000 lux
    MD3-M91T - 740 lumens/19,000 lux
    MD2-M61T - 480 lumens/12,000 lux
    Hound Dog Super - 1,700 lumens/75,000 lux

Based on the results of these beam shots, it looks like the EDC Plus drop-in is producing its advertised 560 lumens, and an estimated 17,000 candela. In terms of throw and center-beam intensity, its nearly a match for the formidable MD3-M91T, but does cover as much area with its hot spot.

In actual use it fairs well, perhaps better than these photos depict. Drawing only 1.7 amps, it has an estimated runtime of about 1.5 hours on a 16650 2500mAh cell. All things considered, it is a worthy upgrade for the venerable 6P and delivers the beam intensity to serve as a potent fight light.

Great job, NH. I'm very impressed with the Bodyguard v.2 in your images. Glad I have both versions.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    @NH Shooter - Can you give a SWAG on run time for the 6P Lego using CR123s? I don't see myself getting into rechargeable cells at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @NH Shooter - Can you give a SWAG on run time for the 6P Lego using CR123s? I don't see myself getting into rechargeable cells at this point.
    Just over an hour would be my guess.

May as well throw my .02 and 5k words. Here's the Surefire handhelds that I like (you can see the first of the 6Ps next to the last of them in one pic, as an interesting size comparo). On the left of the 5 lights is the "tactical" light that started it all, the original 6P ("P" stood for "pushbutton" incidentally). My dad got me that for my birthday while I was still in college. I can't remember whether I got that from him in 90 or 91, but they were pretty much the hotness at the time. You can see that it's a bit smaller (lighter too) and has mellowed into some of that purple hue that aluminum will age into over decades. It has the M61WL in it. The next one is the $34 special from tactical sports. Then the A2 Aviator, original recipe E1B backup, and the rechargeable sidekick.

Then three shots of my studio outbuilding from my porch: the sidekick on high (300 Lumens, covers a good bit of area, but lacking detail and focus) then the original 6P (focussed and detailed, but less coverage) and finally the Malkoff warm 200 lumen drop-in in 'old purple (almost as much coverage/flood/spill as the sidekick, but WAY better spot and detail. Clearly the best of the bunch, even through my lame phone camera, and even more so in real life). Point of aim was the outlet plate for all three shots, BTW.

I really like that M61WL. The better visuals are enough reason to spring for the drop-in, IMHO, even before you consider more than quadrupling the runtime on a pair of CR123s over the original 6P.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List