Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire 6P Legos

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    The Malkoff drop-ins are a superb way to update a 6P.
    Mine arrived today. Chuckie like.

Site Supporter
    Put my Malkoff M61 in today into the early 90s 6P. It certainly brighter than the 250 lumens quark light I EDC. Ordered Fri am, received Mon PM. Shipped within a few hours of of order and updated every step of the way.

I would be interested to see a side by side with the 600 lumen single output G2. I suspect it is quite close to the eye.

Just ordered an M91B for my 9P to give it a new life... 1000 lumens should make it formidable again.
    Now I need some 17500's to run it for free.

Looks like these are back in stock for $34 - https://tacticalsportsgear.com/colle...-bk-flashlight

Site Supporter
    Done. I will put one up on the shelf at 34.00 shipped. I guess I better order another M61 as well. This thread is costing me money.

DB

Looks like these are back in stock for $34 -
    Got one! Thanks!!

Looks like these are back in stock for $34 - https://tacticalsportsgear.com/colle...-bk-flashlight
    Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed a few.

Thanks for the update with these. Quick question. With the cost of buying one of these plus a new head unit - is there anything you can get near that price point that is better than this? I haven't read this thread in a few weeks so I don't really remember all of the options but if memory serves me correctly, the max head unit you can get is approx 400 lumens.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Thanks for the update with these. Quick question. With the cost of buying one of these plus a new head unit - is there anything you can get near that price point that is better than this? I haven't read this thread in a few weeks so I don't really remember all of the options but if memory serves me correctly, the max head unit you can get is approx 400 lumens.
    The standard M61 is 450, IIRC, on paper... in actuality, they hit harder than that in the real world. JMO.

About all I know is: my ‘90 6P is still going strong, while I have a drawer with Olight, streamlight, pelican, S&W, et al. castoffs with tailcaps that crapped out within a couple of years. Again, JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    The standard M61 is 450, IIRC, on paper... in actuality, they hit harder than that in the real world. JMO.

About all I know is: my ‘90 6P is still going strong, while I have a drawer with Olight, streamlight, pelican, S&W, et al. castoffs with tailcaps that crapped out within a couple of years. Again, JMO.
    Fair point on all accounts. I should definitely be more specific. I meant to say a durable "fight worthy" light as I am sure there are a lot of task lights out there with 8+ modes that could fit that category that I am not interested in. I view the 6p as a fighting light so was interested in price for price if there was something better in the same category. I currently have a Steamlight 2LX which seems similar @ 500 lumens for $60. The 6P Lego would be a little more price wise.

User Tag List