Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire 6P Legos

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    There are a lot of battery LED lights designed for closets or cabinets, including ones that will come on when you open the door. They'd be easy to stick inside the safe.
    Truth. But I own a stack of flashlights. I will just stick one in the safe the next time I open it, and one day probably grab a specialized light setup for it.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    There are a lot of battery LED lights designed for closets or cabinets, including ones that will come on when you open the door. They'd be easy to stick inside the safe.
    I have a switchable light in my safe; only turned it on once. That’s how long it took me to figure out that it didn’t work for my application, namely, peering around deep piles of vintage pump .22s and handgun miscellania to find the using kit. Gotta be a hand-held, and more is better.

Someone with a much larger safe, with a much better signal-to-noise ratio crammed inside it may well have different needs.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Deleted.
    Last edited by peterb; 12-08-2019 at 03:57 PM.

More Lego Fun

Installed a Ti-coated stainless steel bezel ring on my 6P Lego;

Site Supporter
    Started the Lego-ization of my 6P - Malkoff M61L module on the way.

Site Supporter
    Name:  A0BA5BDF-AA95-44ED-A435-B8A9FD0E1957.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  39.9 KB

Malkoff M61N, about 400 lumens. A bit warmer tint than other Cree LEDs I’ve used, actually pretty close to the incandescent head, but nearly as bright as my 600 lumen 6P Fury Pro, without the fiddly two stage switch.
    Last edited by Duelist; 12-12-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Name:  A0BA5BDF-AA95-44ED-A435-B8A9FD0E1957.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  39.9 KB

Malkoff M61N, about 400 lumens. A bit warmer tint than other Cree LEDs I’ve used, actually pretty close to the incandescent head, but nearly as bright as my 600 lumen 6P Fury Pro, without the fiddly two stage switch.
    I have a spare M61N that I put in the 34 dollar special after taking the comparo shots, above. If I’m being honest, the neutral tint is the best all-around head, IMO, though I still like the bright sepia world of the warm versions because I hate overly blue led light as a rule.

At any rate, my daily is the old 6P with the warm low (approx 200 lumen) and the 34 dollar one with the spare 61N is on the nightstand. That’s a hell of a light for the dough.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I have a spare M61N that I put in the 34 dollar special after taking the comparo shots, above. If I’m being honest, the neutral tint is the best all-around head, IMO, though I still like the bright sepia world of the warm versions because I hate overly blue led light as a rule.

At any rate, my daily is the old 6P with the warm low (approx 200 lumen) and the 34 dollar one with the spare 61N is on the nightstand. That’s a hell of a light for the dough.
    This is my first Malkoff purchase. I like it.

The Malkoff drop-ins are a superb way to update a 6P.

I purchased another of the EDC Plus drop-in to use with a WML on my 1187. This one did a lot better in the tint lottery.

The first one is certainly cool, but well within expectations for a 6200K LED. It now resides in the WML on my 1187. The second one has a decidedly warmer tint without the slight yellow tinge in the middle of the hotspot that the first one exhibits. In fact, its tint is actually very nice, I would say more around 5000K, that is more consistent to the outer edges of the spill.

Its all part of the fun of the tint lottery, knowing that you could buy ten samples of the same drop-in and none would exactly match another. Sometimes you lose the tint lottery, sometimes you win. This latest one is definitely a winner, making my 6P Lego all the more enjoyable to use!

User Tag List