Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Surefire 6P Legos

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    Maybe one of the usual suspects will fit your needs:
    RCS: https://rcsgear.com/surefire-p-and-g...s-pocket-clip/
    Malkoff: https://malkoffdevices.com/products/...lip-to-fit-md2
    Prometheus: https://darksucks.com/products/surefire-titanium-clip
    I only have distant memories of using a pocket clip with the standard SureFire screw-down tailcaps, and the issue is that the clips are somewhat loose when you have the tailcap unscrewed for momentary mode.
    thanks! the wobble would probably be annoying, I agree.

that *seems* to be the intent of the o-ring, no? allowing the clip to stay somewhat stable while allowing the o-ring to get compressed if you tighten it all the way down? If not, I wonder if adding o-rings or going to more of a sleeve would accomplish that.

I read some complaints about the RCS version that it makes it impossible to do constant-on, probably because of the thicker wire clip and the o-ring.

I'm surprised nobody just makes a clip-on, or that there isn't a clip-on from another maker that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    thanks! the wobble would probably be annoying, I agree.
    that *seems* to be the intent of the o-ring, no? allowing the clip to stay somewhat stable while allowing the o-ring to get compressed if you tighten it all the way down? If not, I wonder if adding o-rings or going to more of a sleeve would accomplish that.
    I read some complaints about the RCS version that it makes it impossible to do constant-on, probably because of the thicker wire clip and the o-ring.
    I'm surprised nobody just makes a clip-on, or that there isn't a clip-on from another maker that would work.
    Yes, the o-rings do a reasonable job of taking up the slack. I just never could get used to it. I changed all my tailcaps over to McClicky switches, and in that process decided to install Thyrm Switchbacks on my 6P lights. They are not a perfect solution either, but work well enough for me.

Site Supporter
    What I originally came here for...

What do we like for pocket clips for the old 6P, 3P, 6z... etc? I’d like to not lose then”twist for constant on” function if possible. Clip on clips? Probably not ideal but at the same time should the clip fail it’ll just eject the slight into the pocket anyway.
    I’m using a Thyrm on my 6P body and it works extremely well, but I lose the twist for constant on feature.

Yes, the o-rings do a reasonable job of taking up the slack. I just never could get used to it. I changed all my tailcaps over to McClicky switches, and in that process decided to install Thyrm Switchbacks on my 6P lights. They are not a perfect solution either, but work well enough for me.
    So this thing changes out the factory switch to one that clicks-on but also retains the momentary option, like a more modern light, and drops in to a 6P or 3P? and then I could just add one of their TI clips and crank down on the cap? Doesn't look like the clip would work on the 3P but that's ok...

So this thing changes out the factory switch to one that clicks-on but also retains the momentary option, like a more modern light, and drops in to a 6P or 3P?
    Yes, I've got one on my 9P. Press for momentary and there's a slight bit of resistance just before it clicks on.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Yes, functionality is as you described. Benefit is that you crank down the tailcap and still have both momentary and constant on. Some people will say that inadvertently activating constant on instead of momentary will get you killed in the streets, but I'm not tacticool enough to worry about that.

Yes, functionality is as you described. Benefit is that you crank down the tailcap and still have both momentary and constant on. Some people will say that inadvertently activating constant on instead of momentary will get you killed in the streets, but I'm not tacticool enough to worry about that.
    when I'm chasing around after the 5 lbs Shih Tzu puppy at 3 am in the front yard having my thumb slip off the momentary-on is way more of a concern as I'm more worried about shit-on-the-foot than killed-in-the-streets.

After having gotten the wrong click-conversion parts for my 3P, I was hoping to just buy a ready-made part that screws right on.

Anyone know if this guy will just drop in on my Legacy (meaning one of the first ones sold) 3P?
    https://lapolicegear.com/surefire-z6...waAsguEALw_wcB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

That's an E series switch, it's too small to fit on P series lights.

The ready made part will cost ya: https://www.oveready.com/flashlight/...tailcap-black/
    It's cheaper to buy the proper internals: https://www.illumn.com/edcplus-mccli...witchboot.html

User Tag List