Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kimber K6 Control Core grip

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    I broke mine after about a month. I dry fire a lot for practice. Kimber fixed it quick and painlessly. They recommended using snap caps when dry firing which I have done for about a year. Problem solved with snap caps.
    I am at least going to potentially take out a new firing pin and measure it carefully for possible duplication, and I will consider dummy/snap cap rounds cushioning FP impact to be mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Scal View Post
    I am at least going to potentially take out a new firing pin and measure it carefully for possible duplication, and I will consider dummy/snap cap rounds cushioning FP impact to be mandatory.
    Maybe not too difficult if you have access to a lathe. I’m pretty sure the replacement FP from Kimber was slightly different with more of a radius where the pin met the shaft. Regardless, I’ll stick with not dry firing on empty chambers.

I know they are out of stock at the moment, but are these grips still working out well?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Revolver Guy just announced that Hogue is introducing a new cushioned grip for the K6 for both the DAO and the DA/SA . I have the 2" DAO and just purchased the 3" DA/SA and need some grips I can fire Golden Saber 125s and Gold Dot 135 SB Magnums without the bite. Magnums are sharp now and I'm carrying 38+Ps, would like to carry at the weapon's potential. As a side note I'm finding both weapons very accurate and trouble free. Like the 3" for a all around carry unit in a IWB rig.

Have owned the DAO 2" for close to two years. The 3" DA/SA a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Revolver Guy just announced that Hogue is introducing a new cushioned grip for the K6 for both the DAO and the DA/SA . I have the 2" DAO and just purchased the 3" DA/SA and need some grips I can fire Golden Saber 125s and Gold Dot 135 SB Magnums without the bite. Magnums are sharp now and I'm carrying 38+Ps, would like to carry at the weapon's potential. As a side note I'm finding both weapons very accurate and trouble free. Like the 3" for a all around carry unit in a IWB rig.

How is the accuracy of your K6S with the 135 SB Gold Dots, +P or Magnums?
    I ask because Ammo data is hard to find on the K6S and the best source I've seen so far was the review on Lucky Gunner where Chris was seeing +8" groups at 25yds with the 135 +P GD.
    That's the load I would greatly prefer for this gun, in .38 or .357, but I've held off considering one for fear that it would be unacceptably inaccurate.

To be honest with you I haven't fired the Spper GDSB 357 load as they are not obtainable locally. (I live 17 miles from the factory) But I've shot quite a bit of the Speer 125 gr 38Special +P and they shot well, 3 inchs at 15 yds with my DAO gun, but low. I prefer the Remington Golden Saber 125 357s at 1107fps out of the 2" DAO model. Shoot within an inch or two to point of aim. Brisk but not grip breaking recoil, good followup, same accuracy at same distance with the Speer load.

The recoil sensation is not the pushback but the slamming of the web of my hand by the back of the grip frame. That design smarts, a good Hogue grip will take care of it, hoping so anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post

I’ll watch for the Hogues - I generally like their stuff for utility grips.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    After investing the money for the mold + R&D it would be unbelievable if Kimber didn't eventually offer them separately.
    Looking at them I doubt Kimber is making them in house. I’d bet money Hogue is making them and will eventually offer them without the Kimber logo is Kimber doesn't sell them separately.

Kimber had a rep and sample guns at the local range/store yesterday.
    I shot the K6 hammer gun some. The hard standard grip was definitely squirmy even with Specials.
    The tip of the trigger bit my finger, too; too short and sharp.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    This is apparently a discontinued version, but it's probably the best way to get into a 3-in K6s at this time, if you're into that sort of thing. Comes with the grip under discussion in this thread.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_..._id/411558940/

Have to join Team Bud's, but the $30 seems to be worth it.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List