Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kimber K6 Control Core grip

Heads up - eBay seller “thekimberstore” has these in stock for $33 shipped... easier for me than dealing with Kimber’s web store. I ordered one and will see how it works for me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kimber-K6s-...9/303455471797
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Thanks for the tip Heavy Duty, just ordered one due at my PO by the 18th of this month and free shipping.

Has anyone tried the rubber grips with speedloaders. Ive read they wont clear these grips.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

The grip showed up today. I think I like it, I’ll drag it up to the range next week with some magnums.

It’s clearly marked Crimson Trace, too... these ain’t Hogues.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The grip showed up today. I think I like it, I’ll drag it up to the range next week with some magnums.

It’s clearly marked Crimson Trace, too... these ain’t Hogues.
    I think you will, especially with the 357 mag hot loads. It did for me. No more palm stingers from the back strap. Curious to see if you find the same results.

Received my Control Core grip today in it's Kimber packaging. Fit nicely onto the frame of my 2" K6s DAO. Grip has a nice padding on the top of the backstrap of 3/8s of an inch. Tried the speedloader an HKS DS for my Colt and it worked without a glitch. Smooth like a Harry's razor. 357s load fine using the DS loader and a little slower with an HKS Model 10. Safariland Comp 1 K Frame did not play well with the Kimber and the new grips, either in 38 or 357. I'll stick with the HKS in the DS format, smoooth.

The gun and new grips go to the range tomorrow.

Tom

Hogue pics found at revolverguy.comName:  1C9ED0B7-E509-44F9-BC0B-32B4E804E579.jpg
Views: 1091
Size:  55.9 KBName:  1C9ED0B7-E509-44F9-BC0B-32B4E804E579.jpg
Views: 1091
Size:  55.9 KB

Shot my K6 2" DAO with the control core grip. Midrange 357 doable but not comfortable, no pain, 158grain LSWC at 1,200fps from a 4". 38/44 loads in the 125/ 140 in the 950-fps range from a 2" very doable and accurate. Like the grip and this will stay on my 2" K6. Wait for the new Hogue to go on my 3" DA/SA.

Gun shot to point of aim with the 38/44 level loads, excellent recoil control and quick recovery. Shot a couple of inches high at 15yds with the 357 load. Will try the Remington Golden Sabers 125 357s next time I go to the range.

User Tag List