Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimber K6 Control Core grip

Kimber K6 Control Core grip

Just saw these new grips on the Kimber site. Looks promising as to solving the Magnum management problem on the K6, at least for me. Anybody have a set on a K6? Any sightings of them in the wild?

My complaint against Hogue and Altamont is they allow too much recoil impulse into the web of the hand. TIA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Just saw these new grips on the Kimber site. Looks promising as to solving the Magnum management problem on the K6, at least for me. Anybody have a set on a K6? Any sightings of them in the wild?

My complaint against Hogue and Altamont is they allow too much recoil impulse into the web of the hand. TIA
    Sounds similar to the grips on the Ruger LCR.

Chris

Interesting. I was planning on going the other way with VZs on my 3” if I ever have money when they have a sale, but I can see the benefit. I don’t see them listed in their accessory store, though.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Hooray! Rubber grip that covers the back strap. Should take out some of the sting when shooting snappy loads. I don’t see it for sale in the website either. Will be phoning Kimber next week.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

They look a lot like Hogue Tamers for a J-frame. Doubt they'll be available as an accessory until after Kimber assesses sales of the guns themselves.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

I didn't see them on Kimber's website either, the reason for the post. Hopefully they will sell the grip without the purchase of a revolver. I have the Hogue G10 Bantams on mine with lots of grip tape and I have an average size hand. The Altamonts didn't work as they created a "hollow"at the crest of the gripframe that really smacked you with Magnums flowing down the pipe.Hogues feel natural and great with grip tape, but the grip tape is the weak point. Always regluing the edges to the grip.

After investing the money for the mold + R&D it would be unbelievable if Kimber didn't eventually offer them separately.

i'M sure they will, I'm hoping sooner rather than later. Kinbers' phone will be ringing tomorrow am.

They are now available for sale on the Kimber website. I should have one next week.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

out of stock....Bastards

User Tag List