Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the preferred CCW magazine pouch for an S&W shield

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    If no one else has suggested it, Kytex is my go-to. Inexpensive enough that when one breaks (which has happened to me exactly ONCE in over 10 years of daily use), it's no big deal. Lead time is reasonable. Shipping expense is less so, but they might have some Cyber Monday thing going.
    One is being sent for evaluation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    If she wants to try a Neo Mag send me a PM. I have a couple I’m not using.

JM Campbell is totally squaring her away for now, though I really appreciate the offer. I just needed something for her to experiment with to find out what she likes and to use for training with, when she is with me and for a future enhanced CCW class, before I turn her loose/heads off for college.

Truly appreciate the offer though.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    So not as good with doublestack then, in your opinion? (thanks, means I should narrow my focus on them for specific guns)

Thank you for paying it forward, rather then letting them sit!

Generally, enough people know me, that in several of the stores I have been in, if someone uses something, they will let me try it out first. This was a product I had always hoped to see in my LGS or on one of the regulars. (but around here, it is a kydex or leather world)
    PM me an address, you can try out one of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    PM me an address, you can try out one of mine.

If you were local, I might try one for a couple hours (check heights next to what my other stuff hits, etc).
    Thanks for the offer, I just am more interested in the info/opinions and I will buy one to try, when ready. (right now I am more a double stack guy)

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...565491111.html

A 19 year old College sophomore attacked by a Parolee, who attacked her from behind, choked her,dragged her to a car, raped then murdered her.

Excerpt from the article:

A man accused of killing a 19-year-old University of Illinois-Chicago student in a campus parking garage allegedly strangled her to death because she ignored his catcalls, prosecutors said in court Tuesday.

Donald Thurman, a parolee facing first-degree murder charges in the case, did not know the sophomore honor student he is accused of killing but saw her for the first time Saturday evening.

THIS IS EXACTLY why this thread exists and THANK YOU to all who are participating.

Raising girls scares the crap out of me on a daily basis..

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    If no one else has suggested it, Kytex is my go-to. Inexpensive enough that when one breaks (which has happened to me exactly ONCE in over 10 years of daily use), it's no big deal.
    Wow, that's impressive durability. Or perhaps I just do something wrong, since I've broken most of mine with much less use. (The top of the belt clip develops a fracture sooner or later.) Still though, considering the low cost I do agree they are great magazine pouches as long as the paddle works with your belt. I've never had any issues with them, but my girlfriend can pretty reliably pull her magazine pouch off her leather belt when drawing a magazine. I'm thinking it has something to do with how rounded the edges of the belt are.

I read this, this morning..

Virginia Freshman Stabbed To Death In NYC By Muggers

"A freshman from Charlottesville, Virginia, finishing her first semester at Barnard College in Manhattan, New York, was stabbed to death Wednesday during a robbery near the campus, according to school and police officials.

Tessa Majors, 18, was found shortly after 5:30 p.m., her body riddled with stab wounds, police said. Medics rushed her to Mount Sinai St. Luke's Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Majors was walking through the park when she was approached by a group of muggers and robbed at knifepoint, NYPD Chief of Patrol Rodney Harrison said Thursday. During the robbery, one of the men stabbed her repeatedly in the stomach, he said. Majors walked to a nearby Columbia University security booth, where the guard immediately came to her aid, the college said.

Two minors were taken into the 26th precinct for questioning and have not yet been released, Harrison said. A third minor is also wanted for questioning. A knife was recovered from the park, and investigators are working to determine if it was the knife used during the murder, police said.

Barnard President Sian Leah Beilock described the murder as an "unthinkable tragedy that has shaken us to our core," and added that the school reached out to Majors' family. Her parents are making the trip from Charlottesville to New York City after speaking with Barnard officials, the school said.

Majors' grandfather described the young students as "a lovely, lovely girl, very very smart and sweet," in an interview with the New York Daily News.
    "

Oddly enough, I told the kiddo yesterday that as soon as it stopped raining, we needed to go practice again with her new pistol. Fortunately she is a willing student.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I read this, this morning..

Virginia Freshman Stabbed To Death In NYC By Muggers

"A freshman from Charlottesville, Virginia, finishing her first semester at Barnard College in Manhattan, New York, was stabbed to death Wednesday during a robbery near the campus, according to school and police officials.

Tessa Majors, 18, was found shortly after 5:30 p.m., her body riddled with stab wounds, police said. Medics rushed her to Mount Sinai St. Luke's Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Majors was walking through the park when she was approached by a group of muggers and robbed at knifepoint, NYPD Chief of Patrol Rodney Harrison said Thursday. During the robbery, one of the men stabbed her repeatedly in the stomach, he said. Majors walked to a nearby Columbia University security booth, where the guard immediately came to her aid, the college said.

Two minors were taken into the 26th precinct for questioning and have not yet been released, Harrison said. A third minor is also wanted for questioning. A knife was recovered from the park, and investigators are working to determine if it was the knife used during the murder, police said.

Barnard President Sian Leah Beilock described the murder as an "unthinkable tragedy that has shaken us to our core," and added that the school reached out to Majors' family. Her parents are making the trip from Charlottesville to New York City after speaking with Barnard officials, the school said.

Majors' grandfather described the young students as "a lovely, lovely girl, very very smart and sweet," in an interview with the New York Daily News.
    "

Oddly enough, I told the kiddo yesterday that as soon as it stopped raining, we needed to go practice again with her new pistol. Fortunately she is a willing student.
    And the confessed killer is 13 years young.

You are extremely lucky she's willing to put in the time and the work with you.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

So I have a little time at home due to recovering from carpal tunnel surgery. Unfortunately trying to make time with my kiddo is something else.. She will be both graduating high school and getting her AA college degree shortly, plus the never ending rodeo stuff, and she now has a boyfriend..

Anyways, we did get to spend some time together working on her concealment gear.

She likes the IWB rigs that JM Campbell so graciously provided. We tried the aiwb as well. This fits her very scrawny frame well but I won't let her shoot like this until we do a lot of dry fire work. She wore it around the house for a while, and likes it.

I think overall one of the IWB might be the best options (at the moment) until she gets more time on the range.

Lots of training yet to do.

The low jeans and rodeo buckle don't quite work for this holster, but she likes the comfort, draw and concealment. The various rodeo buckles actually ended up aiding in concealing her little gun we have found out.

A BIG THANKS to JM CAMPBELL helping little Miss Kimber in her journey. @JM Campbell
    It is kind of funny in all the things that are essentially unconscious competence on my part after 30 years of carrying, now I am trying to put things into words after not thinking about how and why for so long, on a very basic level. Fortunately she is a quicker study than I ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    So I have a little time at home due to recovering from carpal tunnel surgery. Unfortunately trying to make time with my kiddo is something else.. She will be both graduating high school and getting her AA college degree shortly, plus the never ending rodeo stuff, and she now has a boyfriend..

Anyways, we did get to spend some time together working on her concealment gear.

She likes the IWB rigs that JM Campbell so graciously provided. We tried the aiwb as well. This fits her very scrawny frame well but I won't let her shoot like this until we do a lot of dry fire work. She wore it around the house for a while, and likes it.

I think overall one of the IWB might be the best options (at the moment) until she gets more time on the range.

Lots of training yet to do.

The low jeans and rodeo buckle don't quite work for this holster, but she likes the comfort, draw and concealment. The various rodeo buckles actually ended up aiding in concealing her little gun we have found out.

A BIG THANKS to JM CAMPBELL helping little Miss Kimber in her journey. @JM Campbell
    It is kind of funny in all the things that are essentially unconscious competence on my part after 30 years of carrying, now I am trying to put things into words after not thinking about how and why for so long, on a very basic level. Fortunately she is a quicker study than I ever was.
    Outstanding, I’m honored to be able to help y’all out.

AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List