Thread: Please help me select new holster(s) for Wilson Combat / Beretta 92G Brig Tac

Please help me select new holster(s) for Wilson Combat / Beretta 92G Brig Tac

Hi all,

I have a Brigadier Tactical and am looking for some holster options. I have had a Milt Sparks VM2 and while it is a great holster, it didn't work too well for me with this full-sized gun. I have a VM2 for my 92G Compact Carry and it works very well, but something about carrying the Brig Tac in one just didn't work quite as well.

What other holsters can you guys and gals recommend for IWB carry? I prefer leather, but am not opposed to kydex. I also prefer snap loops that are offset on either side of the holster body.

Also, will these holsters also work for a Beretta Elite LTT? I know the slide dimensions are different, so I am curious about this as I am very interested in picking up one of these guns from Langdon Tactical.

Next, what Safariland holster with ALS would you recommend? Safariland has so many stinking holsters out there with various model numbers and names that it is difficult to narrow it down. Same question as well - if I get a Safariland for the Brig Tac, will it also work for the Elite LTT?

Thanks for any and all insight that you are able to provide.
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Can you pinpoint what’s not working for you with the VM2 with the 92CC versus the 92 Brig? Is it the slide length, grip length, or both? Is it more a comfort or concealment issue, or both?

For me, I’ve found the Compact class of semi auto is max for practical concealment (which the 92 CC happens to be one of), and I’ve tried many holsters.
    Last edited by Bucky; 02-02-2019 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Can you pinpoint what’s not working for you with the VM2 with the 92CC versus the 92 Brig? Is it the slide length, grip length, or both? Is it more a comfort or concealment issue, or both?

For me, I’ve found the Compact class of semi auto is max for practical concealment (which the 92 CC happens to be one of), and I’ve tried many holsters.
    The main issue with carrying the Brig Tac in a VM2 vs carrying the Compact Carry in a VM2 is that the Brig Tac seems to ride a little higher and the larger grip starts digging in to my lat a bit. I am 5'9" with a muscular build, so this may be an issue due to my body type. It has NOTHING to do with the quality of the holster or anything like that as Milt Sparks is about as consistent as they get and I've never had a product from them that didn't impress me. I prefer the Criterion model, but they do not make that for the Beretta models (I sent them a message on Instagram and they confirmed that).

I may be similar to you in that the compact class of semi auto may be my max for practical concealment. I have also carried a Glock 19, but wouldn't carry a Glock 17 due to the length of the slide and barrel causing some discomfort. Same goes for 4.25" 1911s. Those carry well for me, but a full sized 5" 1911 is just a little too long for me. I guess it stands to reason that the Brig Tac will cause similar discomfort, so I should probably just stick with the Compact Carry for concealed carry.

I am still curious if anyone can recommend the correct model Safariland ALS rig for the Brig Tac and let me know if it will also fit an Elite LTT. I know there is quite a difference between the Brig Tac slide and the Elite LTT, which utilizes a Vertec slide.
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Giving the VM2 another shot!

I am giving the Versa Max 2 another shot! I am currently awaiting my Langdon Tactical trigger job in a bag for my 92G Compact Carry because I am having a lot of light strikes with that gun. I want to continue to carry a Beretta (for now), so I am carrying the Brig Tac in my Versa Max 2. I don't know what my deal was before. It has been about two years or so since I've carried this gun in this holster, and now it seems to be carrying very well. In fact, it feels very similar to carrying the Compact Carry. I went to the range tonight and shot 239 rounds through the Brig Tac. Tested some self defense ammo and 200 of the rounds were the Sellier & Bellot 115 grain FMJ that I was having light strikes with the Compact Carry. I had 0 issues with the Brig Tac. Everything fed well, fired well, and ejected well. I was very happy with how I shot the Brig Tac; in fact it was one of my best range sessions in a long time. The one thing I did notice was that I had a couple slight hiccups on my draw because I am used to the Compact Carry clearing leather that much sooner than the Brig Tac.

Anyway, just wanted to give a little update here. I am going to be doing the 2000 round challenge with the Brig Tac and I will re-start the 2000 round challenge with the Compact Carry once I get the trigger job in a bag installed.

Thanks all!

Bumping this older thread.

Im having some issues finding the appropriate ALS holster for the 92 LTT.

My research led me to the LASD model but I think that's only an SLS model which I dont want.

User Tag List