Thread: What’s the beat of the “side car” holsters

What’s the beat of the “side car” holsters

Let me start off by saying I am not a huge fan of these holsters and do would not consider one for standard EDC. That being said I need a holster for my backpack gun and thought a holster/mag carrier two in one might make sense from a storage perspective. So for this very specific purpose which ones work best?

Thanks
    Amurr

There are companies making sidecar holsters that have a hinge, paracord, or leather between the gun holster and mag carrier. These will conform to your body better than the original T-Rex Sidecar. I've been testing one for C&G Holsters (the owner is a friend of mine) for the past 2 months or so. It is well designed and seems durable so far.

https://www.candgholsters.com/produc...ster-quickship

I tried the original Sidecar, and it was like shoving a full size dinner plate into my pants. It was huge and rigid. Totally sucked. I definitely think the flexible type that William B describes would be a better option.

It started with G-Code and Travis Haley and due to social media and impressionable people they've taken off. Most of them work great for a narrow range of body types, which isn't an issue at all, just a matter of fact. To me they've always been a way to sell a more expensive product to folks rather than address their immediate needs. There is nothing they do better than a separate pouch and holster and damn near all designs have some amount of shortcoming.

We're at the stage now where folks who think they're more clever than they are have started to do some really weird shit to move product.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

If you need a semi-monololithic holster and mag pouch, try the PHLster Flex panel.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    There is nothing they do better than a separate pouch and holster and damn near all designs have some amount of shortcoming.
    ^this has been my experience exactly.
    the sidecar rig is overblown

Holster with mag carrier checks more boxes for me
    Less clunky
    Easier to move around or store in a safe
    easier to go #1 (and #2)
    Cheaper
    More versatile
    The mag carrier tends to help rotate the holster on the belt, thus tucking the grip a bit more

User Tag List