Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glocks never fail

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @spinmove_ just curious of round count if you kept track. Thanks.
    It was a police trade-in G17.2. I have no idea the round count prior to when I got it. At that time, I probably had just over a case of Lawman through it. I sent it back to Glock, they fixed it up with their complimentary once over for free and shipped it back to me.

In my experience, Glocks don’t break much. If they do, I can generally fix them, and if not, I have had great CS from Glock. In the past month, I sent them a G4 19 MOS slide with a screw stripped and broken off by my attempts to remove it. They fixed it right up for me without charge.

I am not mechanically inclined, and there is no other pistol that I can work on or get parts for as easily as a Glock.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I feel like every time this shit comes up we need a chart of issued Glocks/Civvie Glocks vs every other manufacturer. As in numbers sold....I would love to see reported failures of other brands that could come close to the number of Glocks out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I feel like every time this shit comes up we need a chart of issued Glocks/Civvie Glocks vs every other manufacturer. As in numbers sold....I would love to see reported failures of other brands that could come close to the number of Glocks out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m in Tulsa(local to the incident), and I’ve run several Glocks to 2500+ round count(I should be better, I know).

I know any gun can fail. TPD is pretty squared away from what I understand, but there are lots of officers...

What really prompted the OP is that a TPD supervisor stated on FB today that they are still looking for the cause of failure.
    Last edited by jeffhughes; 11-29-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Glocks never fail? That’s cute.

Attachment 45363
    If that happened on a 17 it is attributable to failure to change the recoild spring. Once again operator error.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhughes View Post
    I’m in Tulsa(local to the incident), and I’ve run several Glocks to 2500+ round count(I should be better, I know).

I know any gun can fail. TPD is pretty squared away from what I understand, but there are lots of officers...

What really prompted the OP is that a TPD supervisor stated on FB today that they are still looking for the cause of failure.
    They will do a though armorer inspection and live fire test but I suspect they won't find anything amiss mechanically.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    They will do a though armorer inspection and live fire test but I suspect they won't find anything amiss mechanically.
    I’m sure they’ve done that and you are correct. I suspect the SGT I referred to will be pointed to this thread...

@HCM, thanks again for posting the link...
    Last edited by jeffhughes; 11-29-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Glocks never fail
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

If nothing else, it speaks to the reliability of modern service pistols that *a* possible malfunction is even worthy of discussion.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List