Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Glocks never fail

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    If nothing else, it speaks to the reliability of modern service pistols that *a* possible malfunction is even worthy of discussion.
    It’s out of my lane since I’m not the police, but I thought it was more interesting that he chose to get on the radio before he cleared the malfunction.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    It’s out of my lane since I’m not the police, but I thought it was more interesting that he chose to get on the radio before he cleared the malfunction.
    I noticed the same thing...not sure if it was a vapor-lock, or presence of mind to think, "Well...they're smokin' that ham, guess I'll call it in.".

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If that happened on a 17 it is attributable to failure to change the recoild spring. Once again operator error.
    Given that it was a police trade-in, I’m not entirely shocked that it happened. I haven’t shot it enough to have to swap the recoil spring yet (I literally put a fresh recoil spring in when I got it and then didn’t put 5,000 rounds through it before this failure), but I plan on rectifying that this year as I’m planning on just sticking with G17s for USPSA Production.

A brand loyalist.
    Can Glocks Malfunction?
    It's impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    A brand loyalist.
    Can Glocks Malfunction?
    It's impossible.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I think I've seen every semi malfunction that I've run across in class. I'll give you my Glock one. For my first G19, the tip of the firing pin somehow broke a bit off, leaving it like a right triangular spike. So it hit the primer and impaled it like a harpoon. Of course the round didn't eject and leaving the gun unusable. Had springs break also about 10 K out.

My best empty jam was when the empty some how rotated 180 deg, ended back in the gun with the slide slamming shut on it, jamming the thin walls into the mechanism. Can't tap, rack that one.

My first wave Glock 42, won't shoot one round without a jam. I couldn't unjam it. Karl Rehn did with instructor magic. Later I took it to indoor range. Total disaster. It's best trick was to fire out of battery with flames and smoke coming out of the ejector port. Scared me a bit. Back to the factory and it works now.

Taking a class, and a guy was shooting a Beretta 92. The safety lever falls out into the crap on the ground. Everything fails, including me on my first college calculus test.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 11-30-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Name:  HK P30.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  30.6 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Given that it was a police trade-in, I’m not entirely shocked that it happened. I haven’t shot it enough to have to swap the recoil spring yet (I literally put a fresh recoil spring in when I got it and then didn’t put 5,000 rounds through it before this failure), but I plan on rectifying that this year as I’m planning on just sticking with G17s for USPSA Production.
    I try to swap all springs on used Glocks for just this reason. I’ve seen the spring box/nose break off a SIG 229 lfeom the same cause.

I would also swap the slide lock and trigger springs. I have also seen a GOV G19 send it’s slide down range after the slide lock spring broke.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-30-2019 at 04:20 PM.

Banned
    This is probably a dumb question but is a gun (any brand) more likely to malfunction as it heats up?

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    This is probably a dumb question but is a gun (any brand) more likely to malfunction as it heats up?
    Depends upon what you mean by heat up. With a rate of fire high enough any gun will fail. So in the strictest sense the answer to your question is yes.

User Tag List