Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glocks never fail

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Wow, it’s like I’m clairvoyant.

Shooting here:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=50187668662

Office in the middle (McRees) gets off several shots and his slide lock to the rear. when he notices it he racks the slide overhand putting the gun back into battery and chambering another round without any other corrective action.

TLDR version, the officers grip caused the slide release lever to engage prematurely- I.e. operator error. I’ve seen this happen several times, usually with people running extended slide release levers, - operator error.
    Thanks. Makes sense.

Sorry to those who I offended.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhughes View Post
    Thanks. Makes sense.

High grip gives better control but there’s no free lunch.

More commonly it causes failure to lock back. It’s common enough that Kagwerks is making a killing on their modified high grip slide release.

https://kagwerks.com/collections/slide-release

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

More commonly it causes failure to lock back. It’s common enough that Kagwerks is making a killing on their modified high grip slide release.

Factory extended is a huge fail for me. I installed, and after multiple episodes of premature lockback first range outing, quickly removed. This looks like a neat option for those who don't slingshot/dig the small factory release. Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by Willard; 11-29-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhughes View Post
    Thanks. Makes sense.

Glocks are common enough that they have been involved in almost every type of negative outcome. The Gen 2/3 .40 calibers for example had real issues. That said, the Gen 4 40s and Gen 5 9mm
    S really are better mousetraps.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Factory extended is a huge fail for me. I installed and quickly removed after multiple episodes of premature lockback first range outing following install. This looks like a neat option for those who don't slingshot/dig the small factory release.
    Between high grip and XXL hands the factor extended release is a no go for me too.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-29-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Glocks never fail? That’s cute.

Name:  B500D2D1-9C0A-4DA0-A339-A54DD54D5EA8.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  56.8 KB

Wait! I was just convinced to buy more Glocks on here. I was already looking for a early 2000’s white in color Chevy Silverado with Silver star headlights that you can’t tell if the high beams are on, a Glock sticker for the back window, dog box, and Copenhagen spit stained doors. Don’t ya’ll try to mess me up with this thread!

@spinmove_ just curious of round count if you kept track. Thanks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk View Post
    Wait! I was just convinced to buy more Glocks on here. I was already looking for a early 2000’s white in color Chevy Silverado with Silver star headlights that you can’t tell if the high beams are on, a Glock sticker for the back window, dog box, and Copenhagen spit stained doors. Don’t ya’ll try to mess me up with this thread!
    My G26.3, unknown round count prior to me buying it used, had one shooter-caused stoppage and 1 light strike in a 2000 round test. It has had exactly one thing break after about 2500 rounds of my use: the plastic nose of the RSA had a chunk break off. Gun still worked. I replaced it with an $18 new factory RSA, and carried on. Several hundred rounds later, no issues.

G42 #1: zero malfunctions in several hundred rounds.
    G42 #2: Bought used. A weak, probably original RSA caused a few FTF all the way. Replaced the RSA, no more malfs.
    G19x: new gun. 3 light strikes on Wolf at 1600 rounds into a 2000 round test during a Gabe White class. Stopped shooting Wolf, no more light strikes.

They aren’t perfect, but... they work, and I trust them to do so for at least the amount of rounds I carry on my person, and probably a whole lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    My G26.3, unknown round count prior to me buying it used, had one shooter-caused stoppage and 1 light strike in a 2000 round test. It has had exactly one thing break after about 2500 rounds of my use: the plastic nose of the RSA had a chunk break off. Gun still worked. I replaced it with an $18 new factory RSA, and carried on. Several hundred rounds later, no issues.

G42 #1: zero malfunctions in several hundred rounds.
    G42 #2: Bought used. A weak, probably original RSA caused a few FTF all the way. Replaced the RSA, no more malfs.
    G19x: new gun. 3 light strikes on Wolf at 1600 rounds into a 2000 round test during a Gabe White class. Stopped shooting Wolf, no more light strikes.

They aren’t perfect, but... they work, and I trust them to do so for at least the amount of rounds I carry on my person, and probably a whole lot more.
    My first gun I bought was a g21 in 92’. Still have it. The gun I was first given at my dept was an old beat to hell 17 gen 2. It never let me down, but some of the other officer’s guns were having issues. Zero maintenance. Our gen 4s have been great reliability wise.

User Tag List