Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glocks never fail

Glock failure in TPD shooting...

Tulsa Police Dept recently released a video of an officer involved shooting. It would be awesome if someone here with more internet foo than me could go to their FB page and share it here.

Great work by the cops. At 7:15 or so the video shows an officer clearing a failure with his G17.

Be interesting to know more about that. A TPD Sgt posted today that they are still looking into the Glock issue.
    Last edited by jeffhughes; 11-29-2019 at 04:28 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhughes View Post
    Tulsa Police Dept recently released a video of an officer involved shooting. It would be awesome if someone here with more internet foo than me could go to their FB page and share it here.

Great work by the cops. At 7:15 or so the video shows an officer clearing a failure with his G17.

Be interesting to know more about that. A TPD Sgt posted today that they are still looking into the Glock issue.

Are you talking about the most recent shooting, where the officer is clearing the suspect’s weapon post shooting?

Who said Glocks never fail?

Shooter

Ammunition

Maintenance

Malfunction

It's really easy to limpwrist a pistol if you don't shoot very much.

https://www.facebook.com/tulsapolice/

I didn't have enough info (date, situation, story title, brief synopsis) to locate whatever video story Post_1 is referring. The FB website for Tulsa P.D. just has too many story links.

(deleted by myself, linked a video without Glock malfunction)
    Last edited by P30; 11-29-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhughes View Post

Worthless without a link to the video or even a news article.

Keep in mind the number one cause of LEO weapon malfunctions is.... operator error.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-29-2019 at 05:28 PM.

Prolly gunked up from lack of maintenance. Anyway, people are pretty realistic about Glocks here and not jingoistic about brands.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Wow, it’s like I’m clairvoyant.

Shooting here:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=50187668662

Office in the middle (McRees) gets off several shots and his slide lock to the rear. when he notices it he racks the slide overhand putting the gun back into battery and chambering another round without any other corrective action.

TLDR version, the officers grip caused the slide release lever to engage prematurely- I.e. operator error. I’ve seen this happen several times, usually with people running extended slide release levers, - operator error.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Prolly gunked up from lack of maintenance. Anyway, people are pretty realistic about Glocks here and not jingoistic about brands.
    IME Glocks are surprisingly tolerant of neglect, Cheeto crumbs etc. this one was an operator induced malfunction.

Says the guy what have broken every brand of duty gun issued to him including an HK.

I‘ve had 3 Glocks barf on me pretty seriously, including an otherwise reliable gen3 17 in a Matt Graham class. I’ve also been involved in locking up (and sending back to the factory) a GP-100, a Vaquero Sheriff’s model SA and 3 j-frames; over about a 30-year period. And that’s just the guns with a reputation for being reliable.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List