Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I need plastic wonder pistol shopping advice

I need plastic wonder pistol shopping advice

Sure I can go hit Academy Sports but they won’t remove the trigger locks at my store. Even if they did I’d have to wait an hour for some old guy having conversations with the gun clerk while drinking a Hardee’s coffee and bragging about his Kimber collection.

Gun uses? Range blasters. Carry? Maybe, but mainly range blaster. Something I can shoot fast with not much muzzle flip.

I want to buy two plastic wonder pistols. I just bought a 92 LTT and I’m waiting for the 92x perf to be released. I have read and watched a ton of videos on my choices. I’m a bit confused. Sig got me with the P320, don’t let me get Sigged.

First choice PPQ 4” and the Q5. From what I’ve read, good triggers, tons of muzzle flip, no really high cap mags, accurate.

Second choice P10C and P10F. Trigger slap, some issue to do with the firing pin, optics plates out of stock, cheese grader grips, low muzzle flip and very accurate.

Third choice P07/09. Nothing negative other than I need to get them to Cajun or I’ll die.

Fourth choice... just order a Shadow 2, never shoot it, post pictures of it with a Rolex, cigar, and bottle of single malt scotch on my Facebook? Just kidding Instagram! I’ll shoot it.

Those are the guns on my list. Yes I am silly. Above are not my opinions they are just what I’ve read. If you have a different selection, I’m open.

Our default recommendation for plastic fantastics is a Glock 9mm of some sort.

If you want to go cheap, the S&W SD 9 with Apex bits gets a lot of love on this page. The 2.0 M&Ps likewise.

The Sig 2022 is another sleeper.

As a pizza fan, the PX4 should be on the radar.

And the various H&K's have a cult like following round these parts.
    Last edited by Joe in PNG; 11-27-2019 at 09:03 PM.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

HK VP9 or VP9SK.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk View Post
    Sure I can go hit Academy Sports but they won’t remove the trigger locks at my store. Even if they did I’d have to wait an hour for some old guy having conversations with the gun clerk while drinking a Hardee’s coffee and bragging about his Kimber collection.

Gun uses? Range blasters. Carry? Maybe, but mainly range blaster. Something I can shoot fast with not much muzzle flip.

I want to buy two plastic wonder pistols. I just bought a 92 LTT and I’m waiting for the 92x perf to be released. I have read and watched a ton of videos on my choices. I’m a bit confused. Sig got me with the P320, don’t let me get Sigged.

First choice PPQ 4” and the Q5. From what I’ve read, good triggers, tons of muzzle flip, no really high cap mags, accurate.

Second choice P10C and P10F. Trigger slap, some issue to do with the firing pin, optics plates out of stock, cheese grader grips, low muzzle flip and very accurate.

Third choice P07/09. Nothing negative other than I need to get them to Cajun or I’ll die.

Fourth choice... just order a Shadow 2, never shoot it, post pictures of it with a Rolex, cigar, and bottle of single malt scotch on my Facebook? Just kidding Instagram! I’ll shoot it.

Those are the guns on my list. Yes I am silly. Above are not my opinions they are just what I’ve read. If you have a different selection, I’m open.

If you like DA/SA, then I say P-07. I do not think you need to do anything to them but confirm reliability (which shouldn't be an issue).

I would find a gun store. Find somewhere you can get a feel of the gun without a trigger lock. If you can find a range that rents even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Our default recommendation for plastic fantastics is a Glock 9mm of some sort.

If you want to go cheap, the S&W SD 9 with Apex bits gets a lot of love on this page. The 2.0 M&Ps likewise.

The Sig 2022 is another sleeper.

As a pizza fan, the PX4 should be on the radar.

And the various H&K's have a cult like following round these parts.
    Hmmm... Glock with trigger upgrades. Maybe if I change the trigger I’ll like them.

Since you just bought an LTT a PX4 makes the most sense, no doubt. Particularly since you can get them for $450 now.

If you want something thats not a PX4 that is similar-ish to the LTT, a P07/09 would be a great choice. Out of the box they are highly shootable, you dont NEED the upgrades. I would recommend getting the Short Reset Kit though, which is about $75 and isnt too hard to install yourself.

For a striker fired range gun, it doesnt get much better than a PPQ or perhaps the similar HK VP9. if you like optics the PPQ Match is a great value.
    Last edited by TicTacticalTimmy; 11-27-2019 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I would find a gun store. Find somewhere you can get a feel of the gun without a trigger lock. If you can find a range that rents even better.
    I have pawn shops. Plenty of XD .40’s, Glocks, and throw downs. No rental ranges.

Site Supporter
    I recently bought a Beretta APX Centurion for $300 and ten 17-round mags for $140. If you're buying a pistol just to be buying a pistol, the APX's price hard to beat right now without dropping to lower tier brands. If I were buying another striker fired, non-Glock pistol today, I'd get a CZ P-10C, M&P 2.0 compact, or a VP9. The CZ and S&W are both selling for under $400 right now.

However, as noted, "Glock 19" is the correct answer to your question. I have duplicate Gen 5's, and I'm very pleased with mine. I think the Gen5 pistols are absolutely the best pistols Glock has produced.

EDIT: Actually, after thinking a moment longer, I think you should buy a Steyr A2 MF and let us know what you think. The Steyr pistols have a super low bore axis and are supposed to be very flat shooters. I don't think anyone here has gotten one yet, and I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate hearing some first hand reports.
    Last edited by pangloss; 11-27-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Site Supporter
    Px4 compact is the only polymer pistol I currently own. It’s awesome in every way... really, the only downside (for me) is that it’s thick. It shoots very, very well though. And if you can handle the girth for IWB purposes, it’s kind of a gun that can do anything.

All the HKs I’ve had have been excellent as well. But I prefer the way the PX4 shoots.

User Tag List