Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: I need plastic wonder pistol shopping advice

Wow, you went all-in on CZs. Good job dude!

The biggest trigger feel difference in the P-07/09 will come from a lighter hammer spring. If these are range-only guns and not for defense, you can try springs down to 13# (OEM is 20#). I use 15# in my carry guns. However, that will require a CGW extended firing pin kit. It's fairly easy to install this yourself, but requires a punch. Break-in and lubrication will make a difference as well. The CGW ProGrade kit is a very nice addition, and I have it in both of mine. I like that you can tune the SA pull separately from the DA pull so that it remains close to the OEM weight for carry.

The Shadow2 is the best gun I've ever owned, and reaches perfection with a few aftermarket parts and springs. If you're able to do a detail strip of a CZ75, you can install these yourself. I have a parts list and link to instructions if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk View Post
    ****UPDATE****

I have made my new plastic wonder pistol order yesterday. I have ordered the following:

P07
    P09
    C10F OR orange
    Shadow 2 blue

If I like the P10F, I’ll buy the other ones. At least I see the optics plates are in now. Thank you all for the help. I’ll still pick up some glocks this year. The CZs were just calling my name.
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    As for the P07 & P09 I would not say they have to be cajunized. However, the triggers out of the box can be different from one gun to the next. My first P09 UG/SR had a very good stock trigger. I added a few CGW parts and it is wonderful now. My next OD green P09 did not end up as nice with the same CGW parts. Really putting lots of rounds through these guns really smooths them out. My OD green P07 came out nice like my UG/SR P09. The P09 is amazing to shoot. Very flat shooting.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Wow, you went all-in on CZs. Good job dude!

The biggest trigger feel difference in the P-07/09 will come from a lighter hammer spring. If these are range-only guns and not for defense, you can try springs down to 13# (OEM is 20#). I use 15# in my carry guns. However, that will require a CGW extended firing pin kit. It's fairly easy to install this yourself, but requires a punch. Break-in and lubrication will make a difference as well. The CGW ProGrade kit is a very nice addition, and I have it in both of mine. I like that you can tune the SA pull separately from the DA pull so that it remains close to the OEM weight for carry.

The Shadow2 is the best gun I've ever owned, and reaches perfection with a few aftermarket parts and springs. If you're able to do a detail strip of a CZ75, you can install these yourself. I have a parts list and link to instructions if you're interested.
    I just took possession of them.

P07/P09 triggers seem good to go to me. Could be lighter DA, but I can pull the trigger back as fast as I can and the front sight don’t move so to me it’s a non issue. I love them, I seriously do.

The shadow 2 looks and feels great. Trigger is good, though the Beretta 92LTT with trigger job to me anyways eats it’s lunch. Though the trigger is good enough for my purposes. And let’s add in it’s had zero rounds through it. I’m sure after 500 or rounds it will be even better same with the p’s.

P10F I was expecting a little lighter of a trigger but it’s way better than a Glock and that’s all I wanted. Sits in my hand similar to a Glock which I like. Trigger breaks sooner which I want. Short reset. Stiff slide release but it will loosen up. Tons of room so I won’t get slide bite. I always have a cut on my thumb knuckle from glocks. Surprised I didn’t get cut today shooting before picking the guns up. As much as I complain like a bitch about my duty gen 4 17 it has made me a better shooter and I shoot that thing good. I often take my rusted 1972 H&R .22 revolver out and shoot plates with it. The trigger is absolutely horrendous and I like it that way. It’s a workout. I shoot that thing pretty fast and accurately.

Thanks for replying! If I need help I’ll get with you on here.

Awesome. Glad you like them. I’m sure you already know that the P-07/09 should not be dryfired without protecting the firing pin retaining pin from damage, but I wanted to mention it just in case.

About the S2 trigger: break in and use in general has had zero effect on my three guns. I’ve compared my lightly spring S2s to LTT Berettas twice. I and the Beretta owners all agreed that the Beretta trigger was not “better”.

P07/P09 triggers seem good to go to me. Could be lighter DA, but I can pull the trigger back as fast as I can and the front sight don’t move so to me it’s a non issue. I love them, I seriously do.

The shadow 2 looks and feels great. Trigger is good, though the Beretta 92LTT with trigger job to me anyways eats it’s lunch. Though the trigger is good enough for my purposes. And let’s add in it’s had zero rounds through it. I’m sure after 500 or rounds it will be even better same with the p’s.

Awesome. Glad you like them. I’m sure you already know that the P-07/09 should not be dryfired without protecting the firing pin retaining pin from damage, but I wanted to mention it just in case.

About the S2 trigger: break in and use in general has had zero effect on my three guns. I’ve compared my lightly spring S2s to LTT Berettas twice. I and the Beretta owners all agreed that the Beretta trigger was not “better”.
    Maybe I need to hold side by side. Have not done that yet.

I need plastic wonder pistol shopping advice

Maybe I need to hold side by side. Have not done that yet.
    You need a lighter hammer spring to reach its potential. 11.5# is a good weight.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-17-2020 at 05:03 PM.

You need a lighter hammer spring to reach its potential. 11.5# is a good weight.
    Thanks. Can’t wait to hit range next week.

I looked at them but the optics ready CORE 5” isn’t out yet. Friend of mine has the last gen one and I like it. I scoured the Internet. S&W’s site shows it but not out yet. So when it’s available I can pick one of those up as well.
    This is sorta hijack at this point but an IG post says Feb:
    Name:  hijack.JPG
Views: 420
Size:  98.9 KB

I’ve been carrying and drilling with a Px4 compact with several of the compact carry mods, and a CZ P07 that has stayed box stock. Only “trigger work” on the Px4 has been a Wilson hammer spring.

My take is that the Beretta trigger was much smoother in DA than the CZ out of the box. But, in running both, side by side in drills, my scores and times are not significantly different. (Could be that I am the limiting factor).

I am finding that after a few thousand rounds the P07 smoothed out quite a bit (didn’t realize how much until I picked up a second one and the brand new trigger seemed pretty gritty and had perceptible stages in DA). I ended up going through the internals on the new one and polishing some of the key areas. This made a big difference in trigger feel. But in practical terms, when I’m running timed drills I just don’t think I notice any of the grit. My conclusion is some trigger snobbery is over rated and may have no significant effect in a “practical” triggers performance.

Also after a couple of years of carrying the Px4 compact and the P07, I find my favor leaning more heavily toward the CZ, though I can say I’m not ditching the Px4. It’s an excellent pistol itself. I wouldn’t blame someone who picked either platform over the other.

No muzzle flip?

CZ P-10C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prices are right on the Shadow Systems MR918. I carry one daily and just ordered another last weekend.

User Tag List