Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: I need plastic wonder pistol shopping advice

G17 x 2

I’ll join the “two Glocks” chorus, though I am more of a G17 guy, for my own use, and when asked for recommendations. My preferred Generation for an unaltered G17 is Gen4, as everything just fits, and works, as-is. A Gen3 is a less-than-ideal fit, but works well in my hands, with frame mods. It may be sample variation, but my two Glocks with truly bad clunkety-clunk triggers are Gen5.

As for concealed carry, anywhere I can truly conceal a G17, I can conceal a G19. The challenge is the protruding, blocky, rear of the slide, not the grip frame height.
    Last edited by Rex G; 12-04-2019 at 01:11 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

As far as your list I would go CZ P09. Amazing handgun and very soft shooting. Also you f=do not have to get it cajunized. I only add a few CGW parts and my two are awesome.

Not on your list for polymer, I would go with the M&P M2.0 5 inch 9mm.

I have a CZ P-07 that was played with by the CZ Custom Shop. It's very nice, and has upgraded sights along with the trigger, etc. It's very nice to shoot. I still think it was overpriced and I bought it barely used for about the same price as a new stock P-07. I also have what is basically a cheap Turkish clone of the P-07, the SAR CM9 Gen 2. It was $250 shipped brand new. I like the CM9's grip texture more than the P-07, as I'm not a fan of (IMHO) the over the top texturing that is common on a lot of polymer guns. The trigger on the CM9 is a little worse than a stock P-07, but it's getting better. The sights are plain ole 3 dot, nothing like my P-07's, but they work fine. Shooting both side by side, the SAR is every bit as accurate as the CZ, and I like the grip better. Both guns eat anything that I've put into them, and they both shoot to the point of aim at 30 feet. The same mags, well, almost all of them, work in both guns. There are 2 mags that the SAR will take fine, but they just won't quite lock into the P-07. All in all, if I had to buy them both again, I would buy the SAR and take the money and buy one of the guns on my getting really short want list. A friend has the Sphinx SDP Alpha Wolf, which is an even more expensive, all bar stock version of the P-07, and while it is a great gun, it's definitely not worth the $700+ used one goes for, or over $800 a new one does. Nice nice gun though. If I didn't look at the three of them up close, the SAR is my pick. A lot of rounds have been through mine, and it's holding up great. But I have to admit, I found a used SDP and I was very tempted last week. I controlled myself...

****UPDATE****

I have made my new plastic wonder pistol order yesterday. I have ordered the following:

P07
    P09
    C10F OR orange
    Shadow 2 blue

If I like the P10F, I’ll buy the other ones. At least I see the optics plates are in now. Thank you all for the help. I’ll still pick up some glocks this year. The CZs were just calling my name.

Am a little reluctant to wade in here, but... I have a number of M&Ps and have really been enjoying my 5" 2.0 9mm, and at $409 I think it was a bargain. I am tempted to get a second one, just because you can for $409.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Am a little reluctant to wade in here, but... I have a number of M&Ps and have really been enjoying my 5" 2.0 9mm, and at $409 I think it was a bargain. I am tempted to get a second one, just because you can for $409.
    I looked at them but the optics ready CORE 5” isn’t out yet. Friend of mine has the last gen one and I like it. I scoured the Internet. S&W’s site shows it but not out yet. So when it’s available I can pick one of those up as well.

As for the P07 & P09 I would not say they have to be cajunized. However, the triggers out of the box can be different from one gun to the next. My first P09 UG/SR had a very good stock trigger. I added a few CGW parts and it is wonderful now. My next OD green P09 did not end up as nice with the same CGW parts. Really putting lots of rounds through these guns really smooths them out. My OD green P07 came out nice like my UG/SR P09. The P09 is amazing to shoot. Very flat shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    As for the P07 & P09 I would not say they have to be cajunized. However, the triggers out of the box can be different from one gun to the next. My first P09 UG/SR had a very good stock trigger. I added a few CGW parts and it is wonderful now. My next OD green P09 did not end up as nice with the same CGW parts. Really putting lots of rounds through these guns really smooths them out. My OD green P07 came out nice like my UG/SR P09. The P09 is amazing to shoot. Very flat shooting.
    I’ll see how they are first. I was going to buy the CGW ones from their site but only had the p07 in stock. The P07 I tried was acceptable to me. Sure the trigger was a bit gritty, just needs some range time to smooth out. If not send to CGW.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk View Post
    I looked at them but the optics ready CORE 5” isn’t out yet.
    Yes, I agree. If you would like to hasten the release of the 5" CORE M&P I suggest a Go Fund Me to help me buy one of the current ones with the intension of having it milled. The CORE will release the day after I buy one that is not...

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk View Post
    I looked at them but the optics ready CORE 5” isn’t out yet. Friend of mine has the last gen one and I like it. I scoured the Internet. S&W’s site shows it but not out yet. So when it’s available I can pick one of those up as well.
    I will never buy a Smith again, after the version 1 CORE fiasco where 10" scatter patterns at 25 yards were declared acceptable by Smurf and Weasel.

User Tag List