Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I need plastic wonder pistol shopping advice

Two Glock 19s. Any generation.

Apx target or S&W M&P 2.0 5”
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

It’s all the same shit. The variable is you. Pick one and practice

If details are needed to assist in refining

Glock has most industry support and most importantly, a gadget to assist with not killing yourself.
    Sig 320C. Awesome, might shoot yourself in femoral artery, no gadget, bulkier that most.
    Beretta APX, comes back on target stupid fast, a little wide, crappy industry support, cheap, no gadget, check out Caleb Ginnings YouTube to get motivated.
    H&K VP9, awesome, great to go out the box, no gadget. Super models prefer guys that shoot VP9.
    Walther PPQ, snappy, great for guys that can’t figure out how to use a Trigger but are embarrassed to be shooting a 1911.
    Beretta PX4C, flat shooting, femoral arteries love them, shorter sight radius, awesome if you want DA, easy to conceal, non femoral suicide gun
    CZ P10C, CZ P-07, no experience, cannot comment.
    Sig P365, shoots great, carries phenomenally, not going to get amazing splits, no gadget.

I forgot to include the Steyr, so adding....super flat shooting, wide, no industry support , coolish but very different sighting mechanism. If super, Uber super flat shooting is a necessity I’d go M&P, PX4 or APX.
    Last edited by Oukaapie; 11-27-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oukaapie View Post

Glock has most industry support and most importantly, a gadget to assist with not killing yourself.
    Sig 320C. Awesome, might shoot yourself in femoral artery, no gadget, bulkier that most.
    Beretta APX, comes back on target stupid fast, a little wide, crappy industry support, cheap, no gadget, check out Caleb Ginnings YouTube to get motivated.
    H&K VP9, awesome, great to go out the box, no gadget. Super models prefer guys that shoot VP9.
    Walther PPQ, snappy, great for guys that can’t figure out how to use a Trigger but are embarrassed to be shooting a 1911.
    Beretta PX4C, flat shooting, femoral arteries love them, shorter sight radius, awesome if you want DA, easy to conceal, non femoral suicide gun
    Sig P365, shoots great, carries phenomenally, not going to get amazing splits, no gadget.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Oukaapie View Post

First line pretty much nails it

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    P250s are cheap on Gunbroker. Use the same grip frames and magazines as P320. With just a little touch-up are one of the smoothest DAs around; quite possibly smoother than any Beretta that Ernest himself hasn't touched. Like a P320 with a built-in Gadget. Points like a classic Sig. Discontinued, so parts may be difficult to find in the future. Discontinued, so you'll be buying used and not giving money to Sig.

Also, there's a thread around here about poly-frame 1911s that seem to work surprisingly well.

I can get a Glock trigger to where it's workable, but with multiple other brands' grips working far, far better without doing any work at all, I saw no reason to put in the work to make the grip work for me.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Glock 34 +gadget +lots of bullets.

M&P 2.0 5” thumb safety with lots of bullets.

Maybe an APX, if you don’t want to shoot something normal that it will be super easy to get support gear for, but is a good gun for not too much $.

CZ polymer pistols are stupid easy to do improvements on, and need very few upgrades to begin with.

P-09 > M&P > G17

I just bought a P-10F, not sure if I like it as much as the 09 but I've only put a couple hundred rounds through it while I've put 5500 through the 09 since May.

No thank you to thumb safeties, gadgets, and such other crutches.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 11-27-2019 at 10:51 PM.

A guy here liked and shot well with the Caniks. He had at least three different models.
    But the Century Arms connection just gnawed at his soul and he feared being orphaned. So he sold up.
    He is now on his second Big Name Brand and is sure to find parts... for a gun he does less well with.

Me? I am content with a tuned up Plastic M&P. Do wish I had gotten a 5" Pro before they changed the design.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List