Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Because Who Doesn't Have a Barrel Vise in Their Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    From a review of the Traditions Colt SAA copies:Makes you want to rush right out and plunk $500 down for one of these, doesn't it?
    Maybe if it came with a free barrel vice...

I can't afford guns that cheap.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Maybe if it came with a free barrel vise...

I can't afford guns that cheap.
    And a good bastard file for trimming the front sight. Maybe a fixture to guide the file so the cuts are true.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 11-27-2019 at 11:24 AM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I like how the groups are all neatly clustered on a random size, white sheet of paper. Ever hear of a B8 with actual scoring zones? Also, just for kicks, how about stating what distance they were shot at on the target.
    Last edited by CCT125US; 11-27-2019 at 11:33 AM.
    Taking a break from social media.

This completely reminds me of the days of print gun articles, before the internet. Painful.
    #RESIST

I was going to guess "John Taffin." I was right.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I like how the groups are all neatly clustered on a random size, white sheet of paper. Ever hear of a B8 with actual scoring zones? Also, just for kicks, how about stating what distance they were shot at on the target.
    The article states the groups were shot at 20 yards; third paragraph under the heading "Hands On."

I had a barrel vise when I was extensively shooting fixed sight single-actions; I found it to be a necessary piece of equipment for sighting the guns in with non-standard handloads, along with action wrenches and a front-sight filing fixture.
    Last edited by oregon45; 11-27-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Well, I'm sold.

Both test guns exhibited light hammer strikes on factory ammunition, and the transfer bar on the .45 Colt model broke.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Looks like Taffin is still writing that same article over and over now like he was years ago when I gave up on most printed gun rags

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    At least the article wasn't typed in all caps because "HARD OF HEARING SIXGUNNER".

That schtick never got old...

Chris

User Tag List