Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Because Who Doesn't Have a Barrel Vise in Their Truck

Trailer hitch barrel vise? Okay. Hope he has the right frame jigs...
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    Trailer hitch barrel vise? Okay. Hope he has the right frame jigs...
    HAHAHAHAHAHA {wiping tears} Oh, you're killing me.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

For those who are interested in how to turn a revolver barrel, here's an article by Hamilton Bowen demonstrating how to turn a barrel to adjust point of impact, including pictures of different barrel vises and action wrenches. Link opens to a PDF:

http://www.bowenclassicarms.com/news...ht_Crankin.pdf
    Last edited by oregon45; 11-27-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I like how the groups are all neatly clustered on a random size, white sheet of paper. Ever hear of a B8 with actual scoring zones? Also, just for kicks, how about stating what distance they were shot at on the target.
    BUT IT'S FLAWLESS.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Add in the need to refinish once the front sight is filed.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    From a review of the Traditions Colt SAA copies:Makes you want to rush right out and plunk $500 down for one of these, doesn't it?
    Wha? He found a running truck for $500?

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Looks like Taffin is still writing that same article over and over now like he was years ago when I gave up on most printed gun rags
    Imagine trying to write a feature on a red '68 Camaro and a "How to build a Chevy small block" article every month while working for Car Craft.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I like Taffin.

I remember being overseas reading old mags fantasizing about being out in the woods with a sixshooter.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I like Taffin.
    I like him for load data and history. The rest, not so much.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    This is a tough crowd. Old school sight adjustment called for clamping the barrel in your bench vice, with some grabby padding of course. Then you just stick a hickory hammer handle (they always specified hickory) through the cylinder window and start turning. This was supposed to work, although I never tried it. Taffin no doubt has, and still does. (smile)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Looks like Taffin is still writing that same article over and over now like he was years ago when I gave up on most printed gun rags
    Or Venturino. He's still cutting & pasting articles from his early data. Excuse me, I should say "using the same formatting".

Or I can come here at get my info from people who are actually doing things, and maybe help someone else out from time to time.

User Tag List