Thread: G48 parts

G48 parts

I am looking to add an extended slide stop and magazine release to my G48. This is my first (and only) Glock and I didn't realize just how many aftermarket companies existed for them until I started searching around.

Any recommendations for brands that make quality/reliable upgrades for the G48 would be appreciated. Ideally from use with the actual part on the 48/43X platform, but suggestions based on experience with companies that make good Glock parts would be helpful as well.

Thanks
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I have had good luck buying factory Glock parts at:

Brownells, via the p-f site link.

https://www.avantlink.com/click.php?...ownells.com%2F

MidWest Gun Works:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/

GlockStore: (I visited the store in San Diego last year; it is quite an operation).

https://www.glockstore.com/

As you have discovered, there are a million and one Glock aftermarket part makers out there. Best bet is Factory parts, of course, but I've also found that asking the members here on the "armorer's" forum helps, as there is a wealth of knowledge on Glocks here at p-f. For my carry Glock (G43X), the only replacement I've made is the front sight, with a Ameriglo Tru-Glo at 0.180" height, and I added a Striker Control Device aka "Gadget", by Tau Industries. For my USPSA Glock (G19.5), I've replaced a bunch of stuff:

Glock OEM extended magazine release (slightly longer than stock, easier to hit the button)
    Glock OEM extended slide stop lever (has a slightly longer nub on each side)
    Glock OEM Trigger Mechanism Housing (upgraded/later part with better ejector)
    Overwatch Precision DAT (aluminum trigger shoe w factory coated trigger bar)
    Glockstore Thug Plug (affords +2 oz in the butt)(PHRASING! )
    Dawson FO Front Sight
    Plain black steel rear sight

Respectfully, if it’s a piece intended for carry, I would NOT put an extended mag catch in it-JMHO.

I have some experience with Tango Down products. They make a Vickers designed mag catch I’ve found useful. They also make a slightly extended slide lever which some fellow shooters like. Finally, their mag baseplates are good for tracking mags.

I’ve left the mag releases on my 43 and 48 alone, but due to an old thumb injury I need the extended slide releases (even though I usually slingshot.) I didn’t care for the Vickers one, and instead prefer the Double Diamond ones from the a Glock Store - they are similar to the full sized Glock extended releases.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I’ve never seen the need for an extended slide release, although some of my Glocks have it and some don’t. Don’t care enough to change either way. Never had an issue with OEM though, extended or “regular”.

The Vickers mag release is too long IMO, but I’ve got a couple Hyves that I really like. Plus they look cool, which is the most important part of shooting.

Thanks for the replies. I just want to make sure - this is the one and only 'gadget' and place to buy it, correct?

https://taudevgroup.myshopify.com/pr...control-device
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

User Tag List