Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LEO Indicted for Killing Active Shooter

curious. need way more datum. dash cam video would be interesting.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Is anybody local to this? There's gotta be a backstory...
    Somewhat local and this thread is the first I've heard of it. The GJ is in Oklahoma City and the officer is from a small department in a rural town close to Kansas. It's like two different worlds. I think the judge sent a message by releasing him on an OR bond. Hopefully anyway...

OK I did some more checking. This has evidently just hit the state's main 2A group FB page and it's really getting some folks riled up.

(this incident and police department are in Kay County)

Allegedly:

Local PD review board cleared him.
    Kay County DA cleared him.
    OSBI review cleared him.

From what I can gather a DA in Stephens County (not even remotely close geographically to Kay) took it to an Oklahoma County grand jury and they indicted. Evidently they feel that 60 rounds fired through the windshield during a pursuit is excessive use of force. Remember the OHP TAC officer video in the rolling gunfight? He was golden. This guy isn't for some odd reason.

I don't even know how any of this shit works.

@LittleLebowski if this post turns out to be utter left field BS, please delete it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    OK I did some more checking. This has evidently just hit the state's main 2A group FB page and it's really getting some folks riled up.

Allegedly:

OSBI review cleared him.

From what I can gather a DA in Stephens County (not even remotely close geographically to Kay) took it to an Oklahoma County grand jury and they indicted. Evidently they feel that 60 rounds fired through the windshield during a pursuit is excessive use of force. Remember the OHP TAC officer video in the rolling gunfight? He was golden. This guy isn't for some odd reason.

@LittleLebowski if this post turns out to be utter left field BS, please delete it.
    Why in the hell would a DA from another county get involved?

Allegedly:

OSBI review cleared him.

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Why in the hell would a DA from another county get involved?
    And how? What's the nexus to his jurisdiction, or are they statewide somehow there?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    And how? What's the nexus to his jurisdiction, or are they statewide somehow there?
    This is what has me flummoxed.

EDIT: Found it.

The attorney said Mitchell had just completed training on how to deal with an active shooter and was cleared by an independent internal affairs review of the incident.
    Kay County District Attorney Brian Hermanson recused himself from the case and the OSBI issued its findings to Stephens County District Attorney Jason Hicks for review. Hicks submitted the evidence to the multi-county grand jury.

https://www.poncacitynow.com/blackwe...hooting-death/
    Last edited by Spartan1980; 11-27-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Thank you.

No idea how to Oklahoma grand jury system works but that supposition matches my thought on why it might have been viewed as an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Thank you.

No idea how to Oklahoma grand jury system works but that supposition matches my thought on why it might have been viewed as an issue.
    How many rounds did it take to stop the threat?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If the DA was acting beyond the scope of his authority wouldn't someone have shut him down before it got to a Grand Jury?
    Last edited by Cypher; 11-27-2019 at 11:57 AM.

User Tag List