Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Was it more reliable than a conversion?
    Only shot it a bit, but it ran fine.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I looked one over on Thursday. I liked it and want one, and the LGS pusher kindly offered to put it on layaway for me.

I told her I was looking to get one in about six months for my birthday.
    I had a very similar experience this week. After seeing one in person, I’m in, but not right now.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Shot a Glock 44 today. My shooting partner - may as well be my "dealer" as he tempts me with toys - had it. I fired a few mags with it plus others. Seemed to function fine. Fits into a G19 holder and mags fit into Glock mag pouches. We shot up a lot of 22LR. I suspect that they will sell well as a Glock 22 trainer. I also suspect that there will be a surge of 22LR sales. Glock is a marketing genius for sure.

Haven’t been keeping up with this thread but have seen a few G44 failures on MAC’s Instagram page. Not sure if these have been mentioned or not. One was a cracked slide and one was the spring loaded bearing/extractor plunger coming out the breech face. I want one but I’m gonna wait a year or two before picking one up.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Haven’t been keeping up with this thread but have seen a few G44 failures on MAC’s Instagram page. Not sure if these have been mentioned or not. One was a cracked slide and one was the spring loaded bearing/extractor plunger coming out the breech face. I want one but I’m gonna wait a year or two before picking one up.
    ARFCOM recently had a 'kaboom' with one, which I didn't even think was possible with .22lr:
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns...nds/13-193065/

"Purchased gun for my grandson we were taking turns shooting it. We had Ran about 5 mags through it and it was my turn to shoot. I pulled the trigger 1st round out of that mag I felt stuff hit me in the face gun jammed I looked down to clear it and noticed the extractor gone and slide crack. Guess I will be calling Glock Monday."

And then MAC reported this one:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B7zG6k9A...d=oo6qpd7bxq35

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    ARFCOM recently had a 'kaboom' with one, which I didn't even think was possible with .22lr:

"Purchased gun for my grandson we were taking turns shooting it. We had Ran about 5 mags through it and it was my turn to shoot. I pulled the trigger 1st round out of that mag I felt stuff hit me in the face gun jammed I looked down to clear it and noticed the extractor gone and slide crack. Guess I will be calling Glock Monday."

Not happy to hear about the various issues with some of the ammo on here. I have a S&W M&P 22 that will shoot mini mags just fine but everything else causes problems. Was hoping to find that the G44 truly would shoot just about anything, but it looks like maybe not.

So, hopefully we will get lots more range reports with better results than we have seen so far. I'll wait a while to buy it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post

FWIW, in the picture the extractor depressor plunger appears to be in the slide backwards... The plastic spring loaded bearing and the extractor depressor plunger spring should be at the rear of the slide against the slide cover plate. Not against the extractor...
    That could/would explain the missing extractor, but not necessarily the cracked slide.
    Last edited by Det1397; 01-27-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    FWIW, in the picture the extractor depressor plunger appears to be in the slide backwards... The plastic spring loaded bearing and the extractor depressor plunger spring should be at the rear of the slide against the slide cover plate. Not against the extractor...
    That could/would explain the missing extractor, but not necessarily the cracked slide.
    In the arfcom thread it is explaoned that he just haphazardly threw the parts back in the pistol after the kaboom. He never messed with the slide components before the kaboom.
    --------
    Despite the large amount of noise, I found that arfcom thread enlightening. What is most interesting to me is NOT the fact that the G44 got wrecked from a kaboom. What is interesting is so many people saying they have experienced kabooms in many other rimfires and had no serious damage, except to the extractor in some budget designs (i.e. M&P 15/22).

What this tells me is, due to the high variability in rimfire ammo quality, a 22lr firearm MUST be engineered to take kabooms and keep on ticking, since kabooms are a "not if, but when" occurance with high volume shooting of bulk 22lr. Evidently high quality 22lr firearms are able to do this, whereas the hybrid poly/steel G44 design is not.

This may well be addressed by some G44 update. Even if it is, I know that I personally will not be buying any mostly-plastic-slide handguns in cartridges larger than 22lr. For example, there was an ultralight glock-based 9mm gun at Shot Show that used a steel/carbon fiber slide. Couldnt pay me to shoot that.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    In the arfcom thread it is explaoned that he just haphazardly threw the parts back in the pistol after the kaboom. He never messed with the slide components before the kaboom.
    I'm in no way trying to defend/justify/minimize a potential problem with the G44. I have no experience with it other than handling several in a shop. But when a gun goes kaboom and it's expected to be covered under warranty (pistol, ammo or both), haphazardly throwing parts back into the pistol after the kaboom (despite swearing the gun/slide/components were never messed with prior...) will be considered suspect at best and is not going to bid well with the warranty claim(s)... Especially when your IG and FB pics are splattered all over the Internut.

In the meantime, if there is a verifiable problem with the G44 series, it's probably enough to get Gaston to climb a tower with the new prototype Glock Carbine!

Just noticed GSSF added a rimfire division for the 44. That should be fun! Reason enough for me to plan to pick one up.

User Tag List