Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Real Talk from RR for a minute:

Is Glock going to ship these with multiple RSAs?

I've never met a .22LR pistol that did not need recoil spring tuning to run reliably between different types of ammo, at least three recoil springs/RSAs should come with a G44, one for subsonic, one for standard, and one for high velocities. Anything less and I foresee a massive number of complaints, "Mah new Glock is unreliable! Glock is supposed to build the most reliable guns on the planet!"
    I've worn out one extractor on my Ruger 22/45 MkII that I bought new in 1994 and haven't replaced a single spring in it yet for any reason. Whatever springs the factory put in it have worked well with every type of ammo I've tried except Remington Thunderbolts. CCI Stingers work fine and everything else except the Thunderbolts. I don't shoot it as much in recent years, but it's been a great pistol for thousands and thousands of rounds. The mean number of rounds between failure/stoppage with the 22/45 is not as high as a good 9mm pistol, but I don't think anyone expects it to be. Glock knows that some of there reputation is at stake here, and I think that is why it took them so long to market this pistol. I've been wrong plenty of times before, but my bet is that the G44 exceeds expectations.

Some interesting things that i havent seen mentioned yet.

It has a fluted chamber.

They're designed with dry fire in mind

Yes you can shoot lead in these Glocks

But no theyre not warrenteed for reloads
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Wonder if it'll take a thug plug or similar weighted plug. First, I need extra weight to help with a 22 LR recoil control. Second, to bring up the weight closer to a regular G19.

Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

You know who was in mind when this was designed?

When the FBI went to 10mm, they had to reduce the power because it was too much. That was still too much, so they went to .40. That was still too much, so they went to 9mm. It the natural progression. In another year, expect an announcement on the Glock 44M. You heard it hear first.

Quote Originally Posted by Center Shot View Post
    If Glock comes out with another Teaser saying something is coming that is Big and Legendary, I should except a Glock pellet (BB) handgun!
    I would love to see a Glock factory airsoft. I’m lucky enough to have one of the Glock copy airsoft guns from before they shut everyone down, but it would be nice to be able to buy more.

What I’d really love to see is someone come up with a way to do an airsoft slide replacement. Put a co2 and bbs in the mag, have a fixed and cycling portion to the new slide...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I understand the trainer parallel issue. I was thinking for something to carry around in the woods or perhaps as (horrors, horrors) a self-defense for the recoil shy, small of hand, the 43/48 frame might be attractive. Betcha, there's one in the works.
    I’m particular un-find of unitasker guns these days. If this thing could come with a threaded barrel so I could use it for pest control, plinking/teaching the kids, and my own training/practice, that would be awesome.

Site Supporter
    if this runs, and runs well, i'll be getting at least one.

I have a need for something like this for new shooters, and for helping my wife get over occasional flinching issues.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I would love to see a Glock factory airsoft. I’m lucky enough to have one of the Glock copy airsoft guns from before they shut everyone down, but it would be nice to be able to buy more.

What I’d really love to see is someone come up with a way to do an airsoft slide replacement. Put a co2 and bbs in the mag, have a fixed and cycling portion to the new slide...
    If they could create a Glock airsoft with a real Glock trigger, that would be one of the greatest training aids possible.

Biggest problem with my Glock airsoft trainer is its superb, 2lb single action trigger - sadly the real Glock is nothing like that.

I suspect a highly realistic Glock airsoft pistol would be a gold mine for Glock - unlike their real handguns, Airsoft pistols can be sold to every country on earth.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    They're still available: https://www.umarexusa.com/glock-g19-gen-3-gbb-6mm-black

I have one and it fits my DGS G19 holster (did require cutting a hole in the bottom to allow the orange barrel extension to pass through). I use it for not-quite-dry-dryfire practice in my basement.

I got mine locally on sale at a local gunstore a bit over a year ago. I think the gun, gas, and BBs were under $140.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Awesome!

I'll admit to having some fun hitting steel at 200-500 yds with my .22 trainer...

Few things will teach you wind calls like a .22 rimfire rifle, and shooting targets in the windy west at 200+ yards!

User Tag List