Page 68 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

Good question. For me it’s kind of both. I shot .22s and centerfire as a kid, and I don’t remember a lot of problems with my 10/22, but it wasn’t something I worried about.

When I got serious about firearms as defensive tools, which happened in my teens because of what my parents were dealing with, malfunctions became something that shouldn’t happen.

New shooters need to know how to clear malfunctions, so I guess a .22 serves that purpose as well.

I don’t like having my own practices interrupted by gun problems. And I especially don’t like having to keep track of which mags do or don’t work with which ammo. Especially for a .22 that isn’t a big part of my training.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Question for the guys complaining about .22 reliability. Did y’all begin as shooters shooting high volumes of cheap .22’s out of semiautos as a kid, or did you try .22’s as an adult with centerfire experience first?

I’ve personally never expected centerfire reliability from .22’s. rifles or pistols. But, I started my shooting journey doing just that with my cousins in the mid 90’s. Back then a handful of malfunctions while burning up 2-3 500 rd bricks in an afternoon was expected, we shot ruger and marlin rifles and I had a buck-mark pistol. We simply cleared the malf, scooped up another handful of ammo to reload and kept blasting. It still doesn’t bother me to have a malf or two during a rimfire session, especially if I’m shooting cheap ammo.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

New shooters need to know how to clear malfunctions, so I guess a .22 serves that purpose as well.
    Most epic backhand compliment I’ve heard since "You were going really fast when I passed you." (Sportbikes)

LoL!
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Someone needs to get one of these to 22Plinkster stat!
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I have zero interest in this gun. Told the wife Glock rolled out a new pistol today and explained it was a 22lr based on a 19. Without hesitation her response was that sounds like fun, I want one.

Seems like a great excuse to get a .22 dueling tree! ;-)

I was considering a M&P .22 Compact as a new folks/small hands gun, and now this comes along. The G44 would be a better stablemate for my G19, but the M&P would still probably be better for smaller hands. Hmmm......

It’ll be interesting to see if standard G19 sights work or if it needs something different. It comes with an adjustable rear which probably makes sense given the variety of available ammunition.

Ben Stoeger used a 22LR extensively early on in his shooting career. I wouldn’t discount the 44 immediately as a training aid. If ammo budget were a real concern, this could check a lot of boxes for people.

Plus plinking with a .22lr is fun. At least it is for anyone I’ve ever brought to the range. I’m digging it.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    I’ve never owned a .22 and haven’t shot one since Boy Scouts.

What’s the go-to cheap .22 ammunition for a semi-auto pistol? I gather there’s a lot of variance in quality. What do folks go with for their M&P22s or SR22s?
    CCI Mini-Mags are affordable right now and are the Glock 19 of rimfire ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I find rimfires to be fun and offer a greater challenge to hunting than traditional centerfire rifles, pistols and shotguns.
    You have me looking at 94/22s again on GunBroker. Darn you all to heck.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    ok, Boomer.

As a side question, does anyone have any experience with the CCI "clean" rounds (red and blue) in .22 handguns?
    I've tried them in a Buck Mark and in a Sig P250. From the Sig, they keyholed at 7 yards. They seemed to do OK in the Buck Mark, but I wasn't as sure of their accuracy as standard Mini Mags. Haven't shot any of them past 25 yards.

The Geco stuff that's cheap at Target Sports USA has an RWS (if I remember - it's one of the German mfrs.) headstamp, and it's been good for me so far. Just have to wipe the lube snot off their noses to keep them from sticking down in the magazine.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

If this things run I’m totally in for at least one but I’m a Rimfire nut. When I buy any new semi auto .22 I usually run 200 or so minimags through it before I mess with anything else it seems to help. I think this would be a be a blast for speed steel. Great for my kids and non shooters coming out for the first time and might be fun for small game. Hate all you want but this will sell. I’d love to see a glock 17 or glock 26 size too.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Real Talk from RR for a minute:

Is Glock going to ship these with multiple RSAs?

I've never met a .22LR pistol that did not need recoil spring tuning to run reliably between different types of ammo, at least three recoil springs/RSAs should come with a G44, one for subsonic, one for standard, and one for high velocities. Anything less and I foresee a massive number of complaints, "Mah new Glock is unreliable! Glock is supposed to build the most reliable guns on the planet!"

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Real Talk from RR for a minute:

Is Glock going to ship these with multiple RSAs?

I've never met a .22LR pistol that did not need recoil spring tuning to run reliably between different types of ammo, at least three recoil springs/RSAs should come with a G44, one for subsonic, one for standard, and one for high velocities. Anything less and I foresee a massive number of complaints, "Mah new Glock is unreliable! Glock is supposed to build the most reliable guns on the planet!"
    Maaaaaaybe... but with a shock-absorbent polymer slide that probably weighs a few ounces, I bet the spring is set to let the slide flap back and forth like a dog with a cloth chew toy, so long as it pulls back into battery.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List