Page 9 of 82 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I have yet to find anything truly worth dumping Gen 3 models for.

Simply put, an ultra-reliable Gen 3 G19/17/34, or G20/21 does everything I need.

The rest.. The juice is not worth the squeeze.

Yet.

While I am always hopeful, I will reserve my enthusiasm..
    Well, I guess that makes two of us. One Gen2 19 with a Gen 3 frame replacement (at no cost from Glock). One Gen 2.5 G26. One Gen4 G17 (because I wanted something with a rail for the nightstand and I didn't get the frame replacement until a few months later).

You're welcome to a shot and a beer at my establishment anytime you fancy.

(I think about the new models often but then realize that they won't reinvent the wheel and I'm happy with the ones I've owned and lived with on and off the job for so long.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Well, I guess that makes two of us. One Gen2 19 with a Gen 3 frame replacement (at no cost from Glock). One Gen 2.5 G26. One Gen4 G17 (because I wanted something with a rail for the nightstand and I didn't get the frame replacement until a few months later).

You're welcome to a shot and a beer at my establishment anytime you fancy.

(I think about the new models often but then realize that they won't reinvent the wheel and I'm happy with the ones I've owned and lived with on and off the job for so long.)

Grin! Same Here Brother.

If I was starting over, or brand new, I would get a Gen 5, and not think twice. I would work on skills sets and not worry about caliber stuff, or other minutia. Just work on me and my ability to put rounds on target, or lack of ability.

But since I am not, and I have super reliable Gen 3s, I just keep on focusing on the weakest link in the entire system. And improving his skill sets. And making sure he does not start sentences with "And".

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Dude, you sound like you are probably stuck in the era of S&W revolvers and Elmer Keith!

Oops, it is LR, and you are.
    You say that like it is a bad thing!

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Just 'cause I'm a party-pooping D-Bag. I took a little stroll through the US Trademark Database. Glock has only registered one trademark in 2019 and it's for...

Horological Instruments

Yep...a Glock Watch. I bet we're all sitting here on Glock watch watching for a watch...
    Hence the "countdown". If it were HK they'd add 16 unnecessary parts to a Swiss automatic movement, but since it's Glock it will probably be plastic, digital, and come in your choice of black or black. Two years from now they'll add FDE.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Hence the "countdown". If it were HK they'd add 16 unnecessary parts to a Swiss automatic movement, but since it's Glock it will probably be plastic, digital, and come in your choice of black or black. Two years from now they'll add FDE.
    So Glock wants to enter the polymer wristwatch market? Good luck going up against Swatch!

Realistically I expect them to come out with something to compete head to head with the Sig P365 and Hellcat. I'm expecting S&W and Ruger to do the same at Shot Show.

What I would like to see is a Glock revolver to compete with the LCR, but with cylinders that are swapped out for quicker reloads and extra-long sight radius. But that's just silliness.
    Last edited by oss117; 11-26-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Marketing ploy, probably nothing truly new and different.

If it's not either a factory .22LR or a carbine, I'm betting I'm not gonna be much interested.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Site Supporter
    I have seen offers recently for $400 Gen 3 17s and 19s from PSA and a couple others, for all you old timers.

(No hate, my EDC 19 is so old it doesn't have a rail. I think I bought it in the late 80s).
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    It's not that.

It's also almost certainly not he 26X that I want.
    Bummer.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Isn't the main reason the older Gens stay is because of some states like CA having a registry of approved guns were the older ones are listed but the new ones aren't?
    Solid point.

Okay, fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Solid point.

Okay, fine.
    And long slides need live too. And the 10mm Glocks need love. And I need a 17L Gen5. Lol! They skipped the Gen 4 17L.

As for the new product I’m gonna guess factory Roland Special.

User Tag List