Page 35 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

The 18 is a fun way to turn lots of ammo into flame and noise in a very very very short amount of time. Then you have to reload the mag, and that takes far longer.
    I usually got about 3 burst out of a 33 rnd mag myself.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Glock direct mounted red dot for the MOS system.
    You’ve seen their pistol lights, right? Glock-made optics would probably suck.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I shot a 18 at the Rogers School, think it belonged to JLW or another forum member, and I still smile when I think of it.
    They can definitely put a smile on your face, especially the first few times you shoot one, I just think that the uses for their intended market are extremely narrow.

Site Supporter
    A Glock 18 is probably one of the most fun ways to make piles of 9mm brass as quickly as possible. MP5's and closed-bolt FA UZI's are a very close second, though, and much more accurate and practical.

I think @Sidheshooter nailed it for the best possible actual use of a G18 - VIP protection that needs to get someone's head down NOW and can't look like they're packing. That'd be a fun special order with JMCK- an AIWB G17 holster with clearance for a G18 selector.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    A 9x18 Makarov Glock?
    Already available as the world's least-needed caliber conversion:
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/lone-wo...on-barrel.html

Many years ago (when I worked in a different industry)I got a call from a buddy in a LE unit "can you get off work thursday and meet me at the range"

"Why?" I asked

"Can you or can't you?"

So I take the day off to meet him. He has with him a G18 and 2000 rounds of ammo. For "testing"

We left with no ammo but the mags in our carry guns. It was epic.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    .That'd be a fun special order with JMCK- an AIWB G17 holster with clearance for a G18 selector.
    Get some!

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    We left with no ammo but the mags in our carry guns. It was epic.
    Get some!
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 12-05-2019 at 12:48 AM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Get some!

Get some!
    At a GSSF match I struck up a conversation with one of the techs and he pulled up a video of him shooting one at Glock with a 200 round drum magazine in ONE LONG BURST. It was pretty spectacular and the end of the slide was glowing when it was over.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    You’ve seen their pistol lights, right? Glock-made optics would probably suck.
    I was thinking the same thing.

As Americans, we are still held to the US Constitution and laws for our actions overseas. The idea that it's okay to spray random bullets into crowds "because it's overseas protection" is laughable, as is the idea that it's somehow efficacious. The number of PSD outfits running Glock 18s these days is directly proportional to their respectability.
    Last edited by TGS; 12-05-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

The only thing glock keeps releasing is more pictures of people hiking in mountains. And saying the word legendary

It’s gonna be yoga pants for men.

User Tag List