Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    The Glock x 1911 is nigh!

I’m 50/50 on whether this launch will be more or less disappointing than the Hellcat.
    OMG I would love to try a Glock version of the DWX fusion. There are ways to create a single action like trigger pull and they know how.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Just 'cause I'm a party-pooping D-Bag. I took a little stroll through the US Trademark Database. Glock has only registered one trademark in 2019 and it's for...

Horological Instruments

Yep...a Glock Watch. I bet we're all sitting here on Glock watch watching for a watch...

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    OMG I would love to try a Glock version of the DWX fusion. There are ways to create a single action like trigger pull and they know how.
    I mean, on a list of things that would convince me to buy a Glock. This is pretty damn high. A DWX-type gun that uses G19 magazines, G19 sights, but has a thumb safety and a 1911-style trigger? If they did an internal hammer ala the "1911 Pocket Model" custom things that Cylinder and Slide did a few years ago, it would be basically perfect (because although I like having an external hammer, it would have a positive locking thumb safety and that would work for me, for CC).
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 11-26-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I mean, on a list of things that would convince me to buy a Glock. This is pretty damn high. A DWX-type gun that uses G19 magazines, G19 sights, but has a thumb safety and a 1911-style trigger?
    Having passing familiarity with 1911s, isn't this basically a Wilson EDC X9? Or STI Staccato?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Alternatively, if it's not an MOS 48, I'd be happy with them declaring they will never, ever make anything like a 1911.

And if it's a watch, oh my, the irony, Rolex watch out...

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Having passing familiarity with 1911s, isn't this basically a Wilson EDC X9? Or STI Staccato?
    Getting pretty close - there is also the DWX.

The X9 is basically just a 1911, minus grip safety, using a P99/PPQ magazine. It even has a bolt on front sight ala Glock (but it isn't Glock dimensioned) and Novak 1911 rear dovetail.

The Staccato is basically just a wide 1911 - with grip safety, using a proprietary magazine, and Novak 1911 dovetails for the sights.

The DWX is basically a CZ frame, 1911 trigger, 1911-esque thumb safety, using either the P10 magazines (full-size) or CZ75 compact magazines (carry/compact model), but using weirdo sights - CZ dovetail rear, Novak 1911 dovetail front (<-this is the most bizarre part to me).

So, really we just need a Glock 19 with thumb safety, 1911 trigger, and, of courses, uses all the Glock magazines and sights. But since that gun doesn't exist, I carry an STI about 70% of the time.

Glock already has too many models and calibers. I hope they do not go down the path of niche guns that lack parts compatibility. Instead, I hope Glock keeps doing what they do well: making a simple, reliable, durable, standardized handgun. Is there room for improvement beyond the Gen5? Yes, but not at the cost of parts compatibility.

IMO, a .22 Glock, some weird hybrid, or a thumb safety would be steps in the wrong direction. Glocks need to keep being Glocks. We already have too many other options.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Dear Glock...

Here’s what I want:

1. Glock carbine
    2. Glock .44 mag in ultra mega super long slide wiff da porting *you know you’d buy it!
    3. Glock 7.62x25
    4. Glock 5.7

Wasn’t GLOCK that had a big announcement and it turned out to be some online gimmick?

How about this: Glock announces an entirely new handgun design that they have been testing in secret for 5 years. Fewer parts, better in every way than anything currently available. Modular, standardized, can be detail stripped by an idiot in 5 minutes. 4 different sizes. Only comes in 9mm.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List