Page 75 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    Because 22 mag is superior in every way. If I'm going to shoot 22 lr, then I just use my 22 air rifle and buy 1,000 rounds for less than $7 and can find it anywhere. I gave up on 22 lr when I couldn't find any and since you can no longer buy a brick of a thousand for $9
    I need a .22 mag rifle with some precision. Absolutely adore my older Marlin 60 and new 10/22 Compact for fun. .17s I've never warmed to.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I need a .22 mag rifle with some precision. Absolutely adore my older Marlin 60 and new 10/22 Compact for fun. .17s I've never warmed to.
    If you decide to scratch the .22 WMR itch, the Volquartsen Deluxe is available in that caliber. i have one in a McMillian sporter stock topped with a Leupold M8-12X. That being said, I usually opt for a .22 K-Hornet. Same ballistics with handloads at half the cost of decent .22 WMR ammo. I cannot remember the last time I took out the VQ .22 WMR. I should move it down the road to someone who will use it.

I agree on the .17 Mach 2. I tried one and it was not for me. That little bullet makes reading the wind the key to hitting the target versus much less drift with a subsonic .22 LR. I sold it to a farmer buddy who keeps it in the tractor with him. He loves the rifle. Funny thing is I still have a Volquartsen .17 Mach 2 barrel and bolt in my parts kit.
    Last edited by farscott; 12-12-2019 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    If you decide to scratch the .22 WMR itch, the Volquartsen Deluxe is available in that caliber. i have one in a McMillian sporter stock topped with a Leupold M8-12X. That being said, I usually opt for a .22 K-Hornet. Same ballistics with handloads at half the cost of decent .22 WMR ammo. I cannot remember the last time I took out the VQ .22 WMR. I should move it down the road to someone who will use it.

I agree on the .17 Mach 2. I tried one and it was not for me. That little bullet makes reading the wind the key to hitting the target versus much less drift with a subsonic .22 LR. I sold it to a farmer buddy who keeps it in the tractor with him. He loves the rifle. Funny thing is I still have a Volquartsen .17 Mach 2 barrel and bolt in my parts kit.
    I will check it out. I used to be fascinated by the Hornet and would be except my sport options for rimfire hunting are much greater than centerfire. GA has some peculiar rules. For example if I did want to try and cull coyotes through the Winter over small game season, in the expanse of the national forest, I can only have a firearm allowed for small game ie rimfire only.

I bet CZ has a cool option. And Ruger if I want to make it a budget deal.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I will check it out. I used to be fascinated by the Hornet and would be except my sport options for rimfire hunting are much greater than centerfire. GA has some peculiar rules. For example if I did want to try and cull coyotes through the Winter over small game season, in the expanse of the national forest, I can only have a firearm allowed for small game ie rimfire only.

I bet CZ has a cool option. And Ruger if I want to make it a budget deal.
    Ruger does have a decent budget deal that actually looks good in the woods. https://ruger.com/products/americanR...eets/8364.html It is $424 from Buds. https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...s_id/415006474

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Ruger does have a decent budget deal that actually looks good in the woods. https://ruger.com/products/americanR...eets/8364.html It is $424 from Buds. https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...s_id/415006474
    Neat! When I get outside my favorite pistols and ARs I tend to go way down scale.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Hunters don't shoot and shooters don't hunt.
    Absolute statements are rarely true.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I want to hunt deer or pigs but don’t know anyone who will go with me and show me how to do it right.
    If you didn't live on the other side of the country I'd gladly help you out.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    If you didn't live on the other side of the country I'd gladly help you out.
    Thanks dude. I appreciate the offer! What I've discovered is that quality hunting is often a family activity, and/or involves use of private land that folks are reluctant to share. I'll get out there eventually.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Many were expecting the Glock carbine to finally come out, but realistically they don't have motivation with all the AR builds that take Glock mags and the Ruger PCC out there now. Now, if they came out with a roller lock design that took their mags that might be a different story.

Site Supporter
    The figures are probably out there. How many Ruger carbines have been sold? I know quite a few folks with them but that's anecdotal and they are kind of niche gun vs. a general usage handgun. Given Ruger has a long history of long arms, producing the carbine isn't a stretch. For Glock to tool up for a carbine, is it worth?

Glockmeister is taking preorders for the Glock 44 at $359.

https://mailchi.mp/glockmeister/sale...7?e=46481eac24

User Tag List