Page 50 of 82 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

"Okay? What's okay? Did the Bengals win?"
    Someone snuck a post in between mine and RevolverRob’s.

I don’t think there’s any danger of the bangles winning a game though
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 12-09-2019 at 05:37 PM.

*If* it is a .22, I pray to all that is holy that it isn’t a Umarex POS.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    It must be a *GLOCK*, or just buying a semi-functional conversion kit or a Ruger is a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    While not a .22, I trained up for a major match with a 9mm 1911 that went down hard the day before the match.

No problem. I'll use my identical (built at the same time by the same 'smith to be identical in every respect) 1911 in 45.

I had enough ammo to miss 150 times and I ran out of ammo with a couple of stages left.

I've watched a bunch of the Steel Challenge rimfire dorks do the same thing going from their dorked up Ruger to their real(er) pistols.
    Obviously if you train on an "understudy" platform and dont put any time into acclimating yourself to the actual gun you are shooting in a competition, you will not have built any muscle memory to account for the difference in split times, and will probably be trying to shoot your "real" gun too quickly and missing that second shot. That does not mean that there is no use for understudy platforms, particularly a 22lr handgun.

For those of us who live in rural areas where we dont pay for range time and cant afford a 10K+/year supply of 9mm, a 22lr platform simply allows for a lot more time behind the trigger. Obviously you have to be aware of the difference, and not spend your time doing things like Bill Drills where you would just be building bad habits. I think it goes without saying that you also need to practice with your primary platform to build correct muscle memory, just like you need to have live fire to check that your dry fire is translating to better shooting.
    For myself, using a 22lr has been a major help in improving my precision shooting. This is because I can afford to shoot four rounds of 22lr for every round of 9mm, and because the shot calling aspect is on "easy mode".

Getting back on topic, while I personally have minimal interest in a 22lr Glock, I have no doubt they will sell MILLIONS as long as they are priced right.
    Last edited by TicTacticalTimmy; 12-09-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I love my SW M&P 22 compact. I’m currently at 700 rounds without cleaning and not one malfunction. I am amazed. My High Standard 22 is great but will mess up once in a while. But it’s old. My father won it in a poker game in 65’.

If it’s a G17 sized .22 with a shitty trigger like on my duty gen 4 I’ll but one so quick heads will spin.

Site Supporter
    What time tomorrow is the announcement?
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    What time tomorrow is the announcement?
    10am EST/7amPST.

Or post 7, depending.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Was actually reading this thread just the other day -
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....regular-pistol

I have just added a red dot to my 22 kadet kit for a p-07. Been working on Draw/1st shot @ 20yd headbox - great for getting in tons of reps for literally pennies on the dollar. Also, shooting 5" paper plates at 12-15yds is great for working on DA 1st shot, shot calling + transitions. I do not do any multiple shot drills though because obviously recoil is totally different. I have been really enjoying it and find it useful - put dot on target, don't disturb gun, see dot lift - 9mm/22lr - same process.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

One way to get PCC's 5.56mm's, .308's and all kinds of exciting pistols and hardware.....

Glock is acquiring HK and/or Colt

User Tag List